Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XTS, 2019 XT5
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lease on my wife's SRX is up in a few months. The lease on my XTS is up the end of the year. I really like the CUE system except for how slow it is to respond and the little bugs that have never been fixed. I went to the Auto show and looked at the various infotainment systems. My favorite part of the CUE system is the ability to have favorite buttons with destinations, Phone numbers, songs, Artists and especially play lists. I use an SD card in both cars to play music and use playlists to hear a variety of favorite songs. The SD card has about 2500 songs on it. I have 3 different playlists stored on the favorites buttons. I want to see what the options are now because I am extremely frustrated at the lack of response by GM to the issues that have been raised here and elsewhere. The dealer, Morries Cadillac, has bent over backwards to try and help me, providing the latest updates but GM just hasn't been interested in fixing the issues that have been pointed out. For example, the system won't display artwork in M4A files, only in MP3 files. Also, when I use the car with an Ipod, it plays a moment of a song before going to the next song.

I took a test drive yesterday in a Lincoln and the system they have only stores radio stations. Their solution to everything is to use voice to ask for what you want. My issue with that is the time it takes to say what you want and then wait for the system to respond and act. It's so much faster just to touch a button on a screen.

Has anyone else here seen a car infotainment system with favorite buttons that can store what CUE can store?

·
Registered
1994 Eldo TC, 1998 ETC, 1998 STS, 2014 CTS, 2016 CTS, 2017 CTS Premium AWD
387 Posts
BMW iDrive is similar in terms of favorites, although it lets you program hard buttons for whatever. It is cool because if you put your finger on the button but don't press, it drops down to tell you what function it performs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts