Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1996 El Dorado
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wondering where the best place to order a dash kit and a wiring and a harness for a 1996 el do.. plus what size wire to use for the power from the battery to the new hu??? 18g? would that work.....

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
You are talking about the smart harnesses for head unit install? Circuit city, sixth ave electronics, or cructhfield.com will all sell them, from what I understand they aren't that cheap around 90 dollars, at least thats what is was for the deville. They usually run alot cheaper around 18 dollars. As far as power for the headunit from the battery, unless you have a really high end headunit (alpine), it doesn't need it. I believe there is a car stereo section on these forums.

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
It looks like it should. Most cars that I have put a hu in will require two harnesses if do not want to splice. One going from the factory harness and connecting to a second that goes to the back of the hu. I would go to crutchfield.com or call them, to make sure you are getting the correct harnesses. Circuit city usually has really knowledgable road shop techs, they will point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD
1,589 Posts
I guess you're replacing the door speakers too? It's required or your key-fob won't work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts