Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2004 ESV
713 Posts
Went to the Atlanta Auto Show last week, and was kind of disappointed Cadillac didn't have one on display. GMC brought a Denali, which I could only get about 15 feet away from due to ropes.

The GMC looked OK, I guess. Definitely looks too much like the train wreck truck design though. I kind of like the Suburban/Tahoe styling. That design seems to be the best looking between GMC/Chevrolet.

I kind of wish Cadillac kept the more squared off edgy look of the 2015+ Escalade, compared to the more rounded off design of the 2021.

·
Registered
2004 ESV
713 Posts
Good to see the 50 speed auto is helping fuel economy. I got a chuckle out of the "11.3 mpg" in the trip computer screen in Stealthy's interior shot.

I know they are press photos, but I'd hope there has been some improvements in fuel economy compared to my 2004.

·
Registered
2015, 2017 Escalade
16 Posts
I just watched the video and found it a little disheartening. Everything I love about the Escalade has been changed. I understand their view on sleek lines but it doesn’t look like a “truck” anymore... and that’s what I’ve loved about my 15, 16, and 19...they’re luxurious but still sturdy enough to feel like a beefy SUV.
It looks like a Lincoln and I’m not a fan. Curious to see them in person I guess before making a decision.

·
Registered
2014 Escalade Platinum ESV
63 Posts
I think it's better looking than the current one but love the old school looks and functions of my 2014 ESV Platinum.

·
Registered
2004 ESV
713 Posts
Fuel economy is down across the board. City numbers are a tad better for the 2WD, but highway economy is way down.

2WD: 15/21/17
4WD: 14/20/16

Granted, these SUVs have never been known for their fuel savings. My 04 gets about 11.5mpg in 100% city driving. But to take a step down from the outgoing model seems like a mistake.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m definitely not going to be first in line to buy this time. It took me 3 years to get all the bugs worked out when I bought the 2015 Escalade. I will wait until the third model revision this time so I won’t have the headache of being a paying product tester. It probably wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t live 500km away from the nearest dealer.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts