Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,497 Posts
I completely disagree with you on the 6.2 V8. I love it power and it is quieter and more refined then the ‘14 and older 6.2 but still retains some exciting V8 rumble. Music to my ears.
But as positive as I feel about this ‘21 Escalade, I have not seen that picture angle before your post and WOW I am surprised by that completely vertical front end. It does look strange.
So now in my eyes, there are two big knocks on this new Escalade. The front end/headlights don’t look great from the front AND the front end does not look good from the straight on side view.
But like most things, we will grow to accept and possibly like it and overall this one immediately makes the old/current model look dated (especially the interior.)
You guys really need to watch some YouTube videos of this Escalade. As they video around and show the updates, this Escalade looks better (then pictures) and has numerous little updates that we are talking about or noticing. It’s better then the pictures let on.

·
Registered
19 Black Label Nav L, 19 S560
252 Posts
I completely disagree with you on the 6.2 V8. I love it power and it is quieter and more refined then the ‘14 and older 6.2 but still retains some exciting V8 rumble. Music to my ears.
The engine makes power just as it should and it falls in perfectly in a Vette or Camaro but it is completely out of place in a $100k truck. At a stoplight you shouldn't have constant vibrations and lumps and bumps which I have experienced in every Escalade I have sat in. When stepping on it the engine sounds like it will let go any second. To the point my wife kept asking if it the truck was ok. Step into a GL550 or a Navigator and the engines are very smooth and make more power. Under throttle they pull hard with just the right balance of exhaust sound and refinement.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV Premium
91 Posts
But as positive as I feel about this ‘21 Escalade, I have not seen that picture angle before your post and WOW I am surprised by that completely vertical front end. It does look strange.
So now in my eyes, there are two big knocks on this new Escalade. The front end/headlights don’t look great from the front AND the front end does not look good from the straight on side view.
But like most things, we will grow to accept and possibly like it and overall this one immediately makes the old/current model look dated (especially the interior.)
You guys really need to watch some YouTube videos of this Escalade. As they video around and show the updates, this Escalade looks better (then pictures) and has numerous little updates that we are talking about or noticing. It’s better then the pictures let on.
Do you have a link to any of these videos?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
The engine makes power just as it should and it falls in perfectly in a Vette or Camaro but it is completely out of place in a $100k truck. At a stoplight you shouldn't have constant vibrations and lumps and bumps which I have experienced in every Escalade I have sat in. When stepping on it the engine sounds like it will let go any second. To the point my wife kept asking if it the truck was ok. Step into a GL550 or a Navigator and the engines are very smooth and make more power. Under throttle they pull hard with just the right balance of exhaust sound and refinement.
I’ve experienced some of that using 87 octane gas but none of that using the recommended 91 or 93 octane gas. This is a premium octane engine and so is the TT V6 in the Navigator.

·
Registered
19 Black Label Nav L, 19 S560
252 Posts
I’ve experienced some of that using 87 octane gas but none of that using the recommended 91 or 93 octane gas. This is a premium octane engine and so is the TT V6 in the Navigator.
I have never used anything buy 93 premium in any of my Escalades...

·
Registered
'18 Escalade ESV Platinum
89 Posts
I recently switched from a 2016 platinum ESV to a 2019 black label Nav L. It really is a fantastic truck in every way. I was really tired of the lack of refinement and luxury in the E (our 5th). After seeing the reveal it seems they did great things with the dash and then stopped there. The engine is carryover and that was always one of the biggest issues with the current gen- It's rough as a 60's muscle car, loud in bad ways and always felt like it was about to blast through the hood when floored.

Once I saw this pic I felt dead inside- who on earth designs a brand new supposedly segment leading vehicle that looks like it just got in an accident. It looks like the front end just hit a brick wall:
View attachment 577864
The flat front end was exactly what I disliked about the new Yukon when it was revealed. There is no slope to the bumper or the grill. I was afraid the Escalade would be the same and there it is!

·
Registered
131 Posts

If you can get the front end to lower you wouldn't need to add a plow in Winter!

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
248 Posts
You know.. another thing that I think has tempered our collective reaction to the new Escalade is the situation with the Navigator.

When the new Navigator came out, everyone's jaw just dropped. I'm not a Lincoln fan myself, but oh boy! It was NEXT LEVEL. The interior destroyed our current Escalades. The front end was super aggressive and imposing. And those wheels sure looked futuristic. The massive heads-up display. The huge sunroof. That rich interior. It has presence.

I am on their site now, and wow - did they sure did up their game.

The ball was then in Cadillac's court to counter their truck.... hopefully bringing up the Escalade to a whole new level.

I don't know about you guys, but I was hoping that the 2021 Escalade would destroy this Lincoln and send them back to the drawing board.

Alas, along came those leaked factory pics a few weeks back, and we all went, "hmmm...." "Interesting..." "Let's wait for a high-res photo...." and, well... of course the 2021 Escalade is a nice truck and all... But... It's not Navigator destroyer I was hoping it would be!

I'm looking forward to the Sport edition to match my CT-6, though. Can't wait for that.

You guys agree with my assessment at all? Just thinking aloud!

·
Registered
131 Posts
You know.. another thing that I think has tempered our collective reaction to the new Escalade is the situation with the Navigator.

When the new Navigator came out, everyone's jaw just dropped. I'm not a Lincoln fan myself, but oh boy! It was NEXT LEVEL. The interior destroyed our current Escalades. The front end was super aggressive and imposing. And those wheels sure looked futuristic. The massive heads-up display. The huge sunroof. That rich interior. It has presence.

The ball was then in Cadillac's court to counter their truck.... hopefully bringing up the Escalade to a whole new level.

I don't know about you guys, but I was hoping that the 2021 Escalade would destroy this Lincoln and send them back to the drawing board.

Alas, along came those leaked factory pics a few weeks back, and we all went, "hmmm...." "Interesting..." "Let's wait for a high-res photo...." and, well... of course the 2021 Escalade is a nice truck and all... But... It's not Navigator destroyer I was hoping it would be!

I'm looking forward to the Sport edition to match my CT-6, though. Can't wait for that.

You and many reviewers are right. Lincoln just might hold the design lead until the next Gen for both. Wanted to consider a Black Label but didn't have to $75-80k required to play. But $60k for my first Caddy has me plenty happy. But 2-3 years down the road and............

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
You are probably mostly correct. Except I hate the Navigator wheels. The Navigator taillights don’t excite me either. As nice as the rest of the Navigator is, it doesn’t give me any warm fuzzy feelings. I’m dead inside when I see one.
Even if the Escalade is a little odd here and there, it’s an Escalade and it makes me smile.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Guys, here is a nice YouTube video walk around that I think you would be interested in. I’ll warn you there are a couple slower/less interesting moments of this video but there are also some eye opening “Holy S#!t” moments that caught my attention.
https://youtu.be/DzMU8_QwFh8

·
Registered
2007 ESV
210 Posts
The dash is beautiful, though. I can imagine taking long trips in it, with all those displays keeping me company and reducing boredom.

·
Registered
2013 XTS & 2016 Escalade
23 Posts
I like the interior, but also underwhelmed with the exterior. I get compliments on my 19 sport edition all the time
Corvette 00 is not wrong. I LOVED the look of my 2016. That said, I'm planning to get the 2021 Sport Edition when it becomes available IF the look and feel of the improvements to the interior and ride quality overcome the boring exterior. If not, I'll wait until the Lexus redesign.

Still can't believe the decision makers at Cadillac saw THAT front end and decided it would be a suitable successor to the 4th gen.

·
Registered
2013 XTS & 2016 Escalade
23 Posts

Agree 110%

41 - 60 of 70 Posts