Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
16 Escalade ESV
5 Posts
I would’ve bought it if they went with the turbo V8. 6.2l engine is underwhelming tbh. I think that is a big miss on their end, they have the engine but decided not to use it? Blows my mind!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,729 Posts
Omg! After looking at the reveal pics, sadly I might have to get the new one too. My 2015 is almost paid off and here comes the new 2022. I thought I’m not going to like it but with the super cruise standard, I’m sold.

·
Registered
2016 ESV Platinum
97 Posts
I'm underwhelmed on the styling, everything else looks good. That dash will be covered with fingerprints.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm guessing it will be much like the current generation for me. I absolutely hated it. So much that over time I couldn't wait to get one and picked her up last week! Can't see how I even existed before. So I guess I can't wait for that to happen again. This time it'll be mine and not my wife's!

·
Registered
18 XT5 / 18 CTS 3.6 AWD
412 Posts
Nope, don't like it at all. I find the current lineup is destroying what was a very distinct Cadillac front end. You could always see a Caddy coming a mile away, as is true with my 2018 CTS. Now with the horizontal headlights with awkward vertical LED's that don't really blend into the main headlight, and the big gaping black grills. Very generic if you ask me. The interior is also lack luster compared to what's out there today. Maybe 3 years ago it would have been cool. But for what they charge, it should be way better designed inside. I don't see anything about this version that says premium / industry benchmark. Sure some of the technology is really cool, but everyone is loaded with technology, even econo cars have a staggering amount for the price. Of course it's all personal opinion, but it just doesn't resonate with me at all. Looks like an XT6 that ate too much. And the XT6 is just plain boring.

The XT5 for the price is fine, still not even close to as luxurious as my 07 V8 SRX Sport was, not even close. But fine, for the price it's livable. The XT6 with the same interior pretty much as the XT5 is a dud. Anything else in it's class is nicer inside and out than the XT6.

In my city you don't see any Cadillac's except for women driving XT5's. I literally have not seen another CTS on the road for a year. The odd super rich dude with the Escalade's rolling around, but not many. All I can say is I hope their next generation BEV vehicles are more luxurious than what they are pumping out right now.

·
Registered
Cadillac
751 Posts

It is a bit fugly....too plain looking on the sides.
Yeap, the current design is reminiscent of the changes from the C5 to C6 Vette. It looked like a (barely) extreme makeover of cosmetics being re-aligned in a haphazard fashion.

The creature features are being amped up in a huge way.. so there is that.

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
618 Posts
They really blew it with the C-pillar design on this as comically noted :) Really gives it a cheap look, like a Korean crossover kind of thing, bleh

·
Registered
19 CTS-V, 17 Escalade, 88Corvette,71Corvette
467 Posts
I’m happy with the redesign...front end could’ve been a bit more distinctive but doesn’t look that bad. My 17/lease comes up in December. Was think Range Rover Sport or a Lincoln but I think Cadillac May be reeling me back in for a 4th one. Had an 07 and 15 ESV and now have a 17.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a feeling it's going to look even nicer in person.

I guess I was just expecting to see a true killer this evening, so I am feeling underwhelmed. It is growing on me, though!

Yet, I am missing that excitement I have felt before..
...I remember last year walking into a Caddy dealership, and saw the 2020 CT6 Sport for the first time. Holy shit! I wasn't even looking for a new car, but went in the next day and bought it. SICK car.

Similarly, I will never forget 10 or so years ago, when I came across this photo. Oh my! I stared at it for hours, and knew it was my next car! An Escalade to match my CTS grille! WOW!
View attachment 577697

The excitement I felt was palpable. This truck was like NOTHING else on the road. NOTHING.
I never saw the Platinum grille before, and was blown away. This was my dream SUV! It was a "jewel" as my wife always says.

Ditto for that first 2008 CTS reveal. Gave me chills.

I feel that this new truck is nice and all, but I dunno... maybe I was expecting more.

I hope they make nicer wheels.

Of course, I'll still buy one. It is a really nice truck, and that dash! :)

Thanks for reading my thoughts! LOL!
Agree with your wife's assessment of a "jewell". That generation and the current have that "it" thing going on with the Platinum grille and light set up. They look like something out of a museum. Before buying our 17' 2 weeks ago, we looked hard at the generation you have pictured. Hard to go wrong with that. But in the end the advanced tech the current generation has plus the 21's coming out next week, convinced us to go with a 17'. No remorse at all here. Will either trade in 2-3 years on a 21' or 22' or if still underwhelmed, a low mile 20'. In any direction, a win-win!

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,497 Posts
I’ve seen a spare tire in the underneath pictures. This pic is a Tahoe but I’m almost sure I saw a spare in an Escalade pic or video.

·
Registered
19 Black Label Nav L, 19 S560
252 Posts
I recently switched from a 2016 platinum ESV to a 2019 black label Nav L. It really is a fantastic truck in every way. I was really tired of the lack of refinement and luxury in the E (our 5th). After seeing the reveal it seems they did great things with the dash and then stopped there. The engine is carryover and that was always one of the biggest issues with the current gen- It's rough as a 60's muscle car, loud in bad ways and always felt like it was about to blast through the hood when floored.

Once I saw this pic I felt dead inside- who on earth designs a brand new supposedly segment leading vehicle that looks like it just got in an accident. It looks like the front end just hit a brick wall:

21 - 40 of 70 Posts