Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all! Looks like Tuesday is the big day! I have been anxiously waiting to see the redesign for nearly 5 years now, and this is finally the week!

I have a feeling that we are all in the same boat; that when those leaked photos from the factory came out, we were all a little let down (aside from the nice dash).

I wish I didn't see those leaked photos!

In any case, here's hoping the 2021 Escalade will end end up being a killer SUV. The "Standard of the World" as Caddy used to say. At least the 2019 CT6 redesign was gorgeous (especially the Sport / V trims), so here's hoping for a sick truck on Tuesday.

I assume everyone here is also not expecting too much.

Well.... Let's hope it's 100x nicer than those leaked factory photos!

On Tuesday I am sure we'll have some awesome discussions. See you here!

·
Registered
2013 XTS & 2016 Escalade
20 Posts
I wish the leaked pics of the new Escalade weren't so underwhelming. GM bought back my 2016 Escalade last week due to several lingering quality issues, and I'm considering holding off my next purchase until the 2021 Escalade is available, but so far, the leaked pics don't carry the same presence as the (soon to be) outgoing model. Hopefully, impressions will improve once images of the various colors, trim levels and wheel options are released.

I'm still planning to hold out to at least test drive the new Escalade, but I'll also be test driving the new Genesis GV80 which is expected to top out in the high $60K range, and the Tesla Model X which has AMAZING resale value.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i’m a lil dissapointed...but maybe i’ll just put a deposit anyways...i’m 20th on the list at my local dealership

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel that my current one looks more "intimidating / manly / etc."
Looking at that photo, above, and picturing my Platinum one next to it... I think I'd prefer mine.
Ah well.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,465 Posts
They absolutely nailed it with this new Escalade on everything except the headlights. I just read an article that spells out how great and unique the tech and general upgrade this is going to be from the past generation.
Speakers, cameras, ultra high def screens, SuperCruise, more space, little details everywhere, independent rear suspension(but I prefer the previous solid rear axle), and I’m forgetting stuff.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I have a feeling it's going to look even nicer in person.

I guess I was just expecting to see a true killer this evening, so I am feeling underwhelmed. It is growing on me, though!

Yet, I am missing that excitement I have felt before..
...I remember last year walking into a Caddy dealership, and saw the 2020 CT6 Sport for the first time. Holy shit! I wasn't even looking for a new car, but went in the next day and bought it. SICK car.

Similarly, I will never forget 10 or so years ago, when I came across this photo. Oh my! I stared at it for hours, and knew it was my next car! An Escalade to match my CTS grille! WOW!

The excitement I felt was palpable. This truck was like NOTHING else on the road. NOTHING.
I never saw the Platinum grille before, and was blown away. This was my dream SUV! It was a "jewel" as my wife always says.

Ditto for that first 2008 CTS reveal. Gave me chills.

I feel that this new truck is nice and all, but I dunno... maybe I was expecting more.

I hope they make nicer wheels.

Of course, I'll still buy one. It is a really nice truck, and that dash! :)

Thanks for reading my thoughts! LOL!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll probably be one of many joining these forums because of the new Escalade. I'm quite simply blown away by it, very tasteful in and out and some of the tech is outstanding. I'll be placing my order for (fingers crossed) summer delivery. I currently own a 2017 BMW X5, was holding out as our growing family needs a larger vehicle. Almost bought the X7 (still a touch too small) or Navigator, very glad I waited! Good job Cadillac, if you would've told me a few years back I'd be buying an Escalade I would have laughed. So glad they toned down the bling and went with a more sophisticated look.

·
Registered
16 Escalade ESV
5 Posts
I would’ve bought it if they went with the turbo V8. 6.2l engine is underwhelming tbh. I think that is a big miss on their end, they have the engine but decided not to use it? Blows my mind!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,702 Posts
Omg! After looking at the reveal pics, sadly I might have to get the new one too. My 2015 is almost paid off and here comes the new 2022. I thought I’m not going to like it but with the super cruise standard, I’m sold.

·
Registered
2016 ESV Platinum
82 Posts
I'm underwhelmed on the styling, everything else looks good. That dash will be covered with fingerprints.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm guessing it will be much like the current generation for me. I absolutely hated it. So much that over time I couldn't wait to get one and picked her up last week! Can't see how I even existed before. So I guess I can't wait for that to happen again. This time it'll be mine and not my wife's!

·
Registered
18 XT5 / 18 CTS 3.6 AWD
386 Posts
Nope, don't like it at all. I find the current lineup is destroying what was a very distinct Cadillac front end. You could always see a Caddy coming a mile away, as is true with my 2018 CTS. Now with the horizontal headlights with awkward vertical LED's that don't really blend into the main headlight, and the big gaping black grills. Very generic if you ask me. The interior is also lack luster compared to what's out there today. Maybe 3 years ago it would have been cool. But for what they charge, it should be way better designed inside. I don't see anything about this version that says premium / industry benchmark. Sure some of the technology is really cool, but everyone is loaded with technology, even econo cars have a staggering amount for the price. Of course it's all personal opinion, but it just doesn't resonate with me at all. Looks like an XT6 that ate too much. And the XT6 is just plain boring.

The XT5 for the price is fine, still not even close to as luxurious as my 07 V8 SRX Sport was, not even close. But fine, for the price it's livable. The XT6 with the same interior pretty much as the XT5 is a dud. Anything else in it's class is nicer inside and out than the XT6.

In my city you don't see any Cadillac's except for women driving XT5's. I literally have not seen another CTS on the road for a year. The odd super rich dude with the Escalade's rolling around, but not many. All I can say is I hope their next generation BEV vehicles are more luxurious than what they are pumping out right now.

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
616 Posts
They really blew it with the C-pillar design on this as comically noted :) Really gives it a cheap look, like a Korean crossover kind of thing, bleh

1 - 20 of 41 Posts