Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any of you guys ever talked to a ricer?

:shocked2: I have my own story pertaining to this. But, I'd really like to hear yours first......Like, How do they look at Cadillacs, Before/after the kill. Excuses, Attitudes, Are they suprised? Stuff like that!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
i've taught most of the ricers around where i live that they do not mess with me whatever i drive so basically no runs against a ricer locally. I did toy around with a 3000GT SL the other night.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've talked to a few and it's kind of interesting how they perceive us and our rides......Lots of talk about old guy cars and the like!
Also, I'm in Northern Ca. and there's lots of rice to go around out here! Seems there are always lot of new IDIOTS to mess with!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
My favorite one to smack-down is my son ;)
He's got a modded-up Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V and he LOVES to race it. Every now and again, I have to bring him back down to earth and show him my tail lights :)

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I don't consider myself a "ricer" although I have been driving Hondas and Acuras for the past 12 years. I can appreciate the extra engineering that goes with getting the most you possibly can out of only 4 cylinders. But I doubt that I'll ever own a 4-banger again unless the EPA mandates it.

Most of them are more interested in "killing" Mustangs and Camaros and other ricers--people their own age. The ones who really do know engines know that they'll never do any better against a solid V-8 than just making a "good showing" and that's really all they're after.

I do remember reading a "kill story" on a Honda board where some punk revved on an STS and got his clock cleaned. When he found out that it was a STOCK STS, he didn't want to believe it. Of course this kid probably thought that the Mugen sticker he bought on eBay was worth 10HP.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, My kid was hackin' on my geezrmobile a few weeks ago and talking about Hondas and Acuras like they were religious icons.....He was with me when I was playin' with the Honda on highway 152 ( See "Honda......What????? ) and now he's looking at the Fartmobile in a whole new light! then I mentioned that the Nortstars were even faster.....NOW, He's talkin' about how cool Caddys are and laughin at the ricers and calling them pathetic.......I told him to watch out 'cause HE might turn into a GEEZER before his time! LOL!

Attachments

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Its nice to see that not all of our youth are doomed. Keep up the good work kc!!!!! Maybe your son can save a few of his friends while he is at it.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know man. I've talked to some of his friends. If You had 5 of them in a room together I thnk they'd be hard pressed to find a half a dozen brain cells between 'em! My kid (Of course!) Being the obvious exception! ( Got his brains from his old man!)

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Ahh. Once your kid gets his first Caddy, all his friends will get jealous and do the same.. It happened with my little Brother too.. Once I got my Caddy, so did he.. Then his friends starting eyeing it up...

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
iam 18, my first car is my Cadillac and my last car will be a cadillac. I love this car. I talk to ricers very day just about, and they all think cadillacs are slow. Since i live in FL and all the old poeple that drive cadillacs drive REALLY slow i guess that put it in there little heads. I just hate when they talk about my car as being slow, even though they have never riddin in it, never raced against me, or even seen what it can do. BTW one has an 86 supra, NA, and got it impounded for 30 days for racing! So he couldnt even race me if he wanted.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Well my new motto is now "Hauling @$$ with class" :D

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, Here's the story

I was talking to this ricer guy at a repair shop( He works there) and He's going on about how fast and cool his little weed wacker is. So, After a while I asked him if he thought he could beat a Caddy in a race! The guy looked at me like I was "nuts" kinda laughs and says " Old dudes in them big o'l boats need to go golfing and stay out of the way or they'll get in over their heads"
So I told him that I had raced quite a few of his kind and had never even had a real contest to speak of. So he says " Any time, Any place!" So I Said "HERE & NOW" Then the guy says " Well I Can't right now I'm Working" I Gave him my business card and told him to call me any time he liked. That's about a month ago. Yesterday I went by there to have an adjustment made and I saw the guy and told "Since my phone still ain't ringin' I assume it still ain't YOU" He says he's been too busy to bother.....I DON"T THINK SO!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't want or need his money, I just really enjoy putting him in the cross hairs and pulling the trigger (So to speak!) The guy obviously an idiot and spends a lot of time running his mouth to prove that fact.....But, He's got lots of decals all over his car so it must be fast! LOL,LOL

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Remember the ricer math
Each sticker = 10hp
Buzz bomb exhaust = 50hp
Neon lights = 20hp
Unfinish bumper cover = 15hp
Triple tier Bi-plane wing = 1.2g

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
you forgot
seatbelt cover = 15hp
20" rims = 30hp
sports bucket seats = 20hp
five point racing harness = 15hp
new shift knob = 10hp
new steering wheel w/ no airbag = 10hp
2 12"subs = 40hp
clear light cover/euro light cover= 5hp each

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Add it all up and it totals out to be.....STILL WAY BEHIND THE CADILLAC! I've got a riding lawn mower that they might be able to catch!.....Maybe?
:farting:

·
Registered
7 Posts
haha its awsome to hear what you guys think about kids and rice rockets. i for one own a integra and know all about the ricer world but i personally think its horrible to do such things like add huge wings, huge exhaust, body kits etc. but dont forget about the japanese cars that are actually fast such as, REAL type r's, mitubishi vr4's, wrx's, preludes (my friends is turboed, runs high 12s) skylines etc. there are some respectable 4 cylinders out there, but its like tryin to find a needle in a haystack. anywho, im lookin to get rid of my 4 banger and get a 96 fleetwood. :)

by the way im 16 (17 on thursday) and i guarantee you ill be the only fleetwood around my high school haha. the only other "granny car" that has some balls at my school is my friends caprice. LT1 power. haha

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.