Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2020 XT4 and 2020 C8 Corvette
1,623 Posts
I've had several OTAs on my 2020 Corvette and a couple on my wife's 2020 XT4.

· Registered
482 Posts

· Registered
2019 Volt, 2014 ELR
372 Posts
What was the scope of those OTAs? Just main UI, nav, maps, audio, etc.? Or did they extend out to other components like engine computer, transmission computer, lighting control, braking, HVAC, etc.?
Of those three cars only the Corvette and Lyriq are on the VIP architecture, so they will get more robust and more module deep improvements. My Volt only got UX improvements, bug fixes, and Alexa integration for the main Infotainment stack and fixed a few HVAC issues. The Corvette on the other hand already had several OTA recalls done to fix engine/transmission module issues and other safety issues.

We have a few threads here documenting Lyriq updates.

· Registered
2020 XT4 and 2020 C8 Corvette
1,623 Posts
What was the scope of those OTAs? Just main UI, nav, maps, audio, etc.? Or did they extend out to other components like engine computer, transmission computer, lighting control, braking, HVAC, etc.?
On the C8, they extended beyond just the infotainment system, including DCT controller, the HVAC system, etc. Some C8s got lighting control update (mine didn't need it). With the Global B architecture (also called VIP), they can update most any system as long as no new hardware is needed.

· Registered
482 Posts
On the C8, they extended beyond just the infotainment system, including DCT controller, the HVAC system, etc. Some C8s got lighting control update (mine didn't need it). With the Global B architecture (also called VIP), they can update most any system as long as no new hardware is needed.
Very cool. Glad to see that GM has OTA experience beyond the UI. So far in the Lyriq updates, it looked like the OTA were only superficial and the dealer was required for deeper updates.

So the idea that Ultifi would enable full-car OTA is not entirely new for GM. It is a lot like VIP 2.0 in terms of scope and user experience, maybe?

· Registered
2019 Volt, 2014 ELR
372 Posts
Very cool. Glad to see that GM has OTA experience beyond the UI. So far in the Lyriq updates, it looked like the OTA were only superficial and the dealer was required for deeper updates.

So the idea that Ultifi would enable full-car OTA is not entirely new for GM. It is a lot like VIP 2.0 in terms of scope and user experience, maybe?
VIP is the underlying hardware and wiring, Ultifi is the top level firmware/OS.

· Registered
2016 ELR
1,842 Posts
Have we found any confirmation that Ultifi is on the 2024 LYRIQ?
Still has a start button.
Ultify should still roll out as a package update, maybe at SC time or after.
Features that were rumored to need Ultifi are present in the 24.
For all we know, Ultifi is quasi already there, we know the OS underpinnings are.
So to answer the question - no, no confirmation.

But I'm sure @ElectricAvenue will be dissecting the software shortly - right after he is done making that charging curve. :)

· Registered
909 Posts
So to answer the question - no, no confirmation.

But I'm sure @ElectricAvenue will be dissecting the software shortly - right after he is done making that charging curve. :)
I still haven't opened the door yet. :LOL:
Weather here just got pretty nasty. I probably won't be doing any long range / deep tests for a week or 2.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts