Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
You now have around 8 threads asking the same question. Why not just re-post in one of those other threads instead of starting a new thread every few days???

·
Registered
733 Posts
aky said:
whats the diff in the 06 and 05 grille?

thaks
He is talking about the sport grill which is color matched and has a mesh backing. It is part of the new sport appearance package. And although he has posted 2.5 million threads asking the same question, no one has been able to get him the part number. Which I may just have to do when I go in to the shop on Wednesday.

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
onephatguy said:
He is talking about the sport grill which is color matched and has a mesh backing. It is part of the new sport appearance package. And although he has posted 2.5 million threads asking the same question, no one has been able to get him the part number. Which I may just have to do when I go in to the shop on Wednesday.
Yep a quick search would find the old thread.

PhatGuy,
Good luck on the part number. Check on the tower brace and hood insulation pad as well. Thanks!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
today my mom took my car to work and some fu%$ tried to jack my mesh grille they couldnt becuz there dumbasses so instead they left it bent and broken and i dont wanna buy the same grille so can anyone get me that part number for the sport grille my car looks naked with the stock one, if u were to guess the price how much do u think it would be and if i bought it do u think i would have to paint it to match my car?

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
300C this said:
today my mom took my car to work and some fu%$ tried to jack my mesh grille they couldnt becuz there dumbasses so instead they left it bent and broken and i dont wanna buy the same grille so can anyone get me that part number for the sport grille my car looks naked with the stock one, if u were to guess the price how much do u think it would be and if i bought it do u think i would have to paint it to match my car?
Sorry to hear about that! That sucks! Several of us are waiting for the new sports grill part number. Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
All:

Despite what others have said in other posts, the items which make-up the “appearance” portion of the 18” wheel/appearance package are not yet available. I spent about 4 hours with my dealer yesterday and we tried to do a vehicle search to find one on another lot. No dice! We then tried to do a special-order and the order got bounced because the grill/spoiler/tips/rocker moldings cannot be delivered to the dealers. Finally, we called Cadillac and this “option” will not be available until some time after the first of the year. Unfortunately for us, we will have to wait a bit longer. If anyone has received any information that contradicts this, please let me know so I can light a fire under my dealer to get my new car!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Thanks for the info: BugsyM it makes sense. My parts guy also tried but found nothing. He told me if I saw one on a new 06 CTS to get the VIN # and he could get more info: on the grill. Also said it will probably cost around $900.000. :eek:

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
BugsyM said:
All:

Despite what others have said in other posts, the items which make-up the “appearance” portion of the 18” wheel/appearance package are not yet available. I spent about 4 hours with my dealer yesterday and we tried to do a vehicle search to find one on another lot. No dice! We then tried to do a special-order and the order got bounced because the grill/spoiler/tips/rocker moldings cannot be delivered to the dealers. Finally, we called Cadillac and this “option” will not be available until some time after the first of the year. Unfortunately for us, we will have to wait a bit longer. If anyone has received any information that contradicts this, please let me know so I can light a fire under my dealer to get my new car!
Well we do know that the sport package with the Tower brace is on the lots. A member took a picture of it and explained the indent in the hood insulation.
Most of us don't care about the 18" wheel pkg..only the brace and the grill.

·
Registered
25 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Well we do know that the sport package with the Tower brace is on the lots. A member took a picture of it and explained the indent in the hood insulation.
Most of us don't care about the 18" wheel pkg..only the brace and the grill.
Robert:

You are correct, the "sport" package is available, and the brace is also a part of that package. However, the grill (among other things) is a part of the 18" wheel sport/appearence package and is only available with that specific option (unless, of course, it is ordered seperately an installed much like an aftermarkek product). I was simply trying to point out that the grill - and associated option - is not yet available and that's why we cannot find any information on it. I never disputed that fact that the 17" sport package was currently available.

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
BugsyM said:
Robert:

You are correct, the "sport" package is available, and the brace is also a part of that package. However, the grill (among other things) is a part of the 18" wheel sport/appearence package and is only available with that specific option (unless, of course, it is ordered seperately an installed much like an aftermarkek product). I was simply trying to point out that the grill - and associated option - is not yet available and that's why we cannot find any information on it. I never disputed that fact that the 17" sport package was currently available.
Valuable info Bugsy!:yup: Looks like we need to wait longer on the Grill.
Do you have access to the Part Numbers for the Tower Brace an It's special Hood Insulation Pad? Sound like you have better connections than most of us.:D

Spaceman will go ballistic! He's been going crazy waiting for the grill.

·
Registered
25 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Valuable info Bugsy!:yup: Looks like we need to wait longer on the Grill.
Do you have access to the Part Numbers for the Tower Brace an It's special Hood Insulation Pad? Sound like you have better connections than most of us.:D

Spaceman will go ballistic! He's been going crazy waiting for the grill.
I'll see what I can do. . .I'm planing another trip to the dealer this weekend (my guy is trying to talk me into an STS. . .drove it last night and it's pretty sweet). If the parts guys are there, I'll see if they'll look the numbers up for me.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I stopped by my dealer this afternoon b/c the service dept guy I've worked with in the past has seemed very "in the know" and we've discussed mods for my car in the past. Unfortunately he was not there today so I had to deal with the rest of the staff. One word...YIKES!!! First they sent me to the parts dept, where the guy told me it wasnt possible to find any parts numbers for these new parts without a VIN #. Then I went back to the show room to see if maybe those guys could at least give me a timeline of when that new trim package might be available. The first guy I talked to had never heard about it. The second knew about it but had no idea if or when they might get one, and made no effort what so ever to find out. Finally I asked about the strut brace which was met with more blank stares. I asked if I could look around and pop some hoods, the salesman said "sure". He followed me as I walked over to a CTS in the show room and as I approached the car he said, and I quote, "I think this one here has the 3.2L V6." I just stopped and stared at him for a moment, then asked, "you havent sold too many of these lately, huh?" I could then tell it was time for me to go. If my service dept guy doesnt get back to me soon, I may have to find a new dealer to go to. Anyone know of any good Caddy dealers in central Indiana (today's events transpired at Lockhart Cadillac)?

While I was there I noticed the nice wire lower grills on the sts, anyone know if those can be rigged to fit the CTS?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hey guys, I cruised by www.cadillac.com a few minutes ago looking for info on the 18" Wheel Sport Appearance Package. I "built my own" new car for sh*ts and giggles, managed to limit the options to about $8500, giving me a grand total of only $42,375!

http://www.cadillac.com/byo/selectOption.cd?model=cts&modelDesignator=&mmc=6DP69&pvc=5160&make=ca&redir=false&subModelDesc=3.6L+Standard&exteriorColorId=25U&interiorColorId=134&colorOptions=25U%5E134&vehicleModel=%2F_res%2Fi%2Ftools%2Ftmb%2F54_722J.jpg&imageUrl=&exteriorColorDesc=Blue+Chip+&interiorColorDesc=Light+Gray%2F+Ebony+Full+Leather+Seating+&higherColorDesc=&lowerColorDesc=&interiorColor=Light+Gray%2F+Ebony+Full+Leather+Seating+&exteriorColor=Blue+Chip+&regularOptions=MV1%5EAM9%5ECF5%5EU2S%5ER1Y&year=2006

I noticed the "contact us" ph# at the bottom of the page and gave it a try and amazingly actually talked to a real person after 9pm!!! I asked the guy about the parts like the grill and such, and he gave me the package code: R1Y. He said this might help when going to the dealer looking for parts. I also asked about the part # for the strut tower brace, but he wasnt able to find that part. I guess if someone gets the chance they should give this package code a try and see if it helps at all. He also mentioned that the package showed up in his computer as a "New Product!!!" which led him to believe it should be showing up shortly. If anyone has any luck finding these part #'s, be sure to let us know!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great investirative work DDS!!!! Ive really been struggling over my next car purchase because I really didn't want to just get the same car in a different color. I've been leaning towards an STS, but if this package is made availabe soon enough, I'll definately be in another CTS. I guess we'll all be waiting with bated breath. . .

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
B Hoth said:
I'll talk to my parts guy in the morning, run it up the flag pole. see what flies. Thanks DDS!
If you follow that link theres a number of other codes as well, they may be helpful in making sure you find all the parts youre looking for.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
11 Participants
BugsyM