Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys...I've been looking for a store or some place that make new after market parts for 60's caddies (1965 to be exact). I know they make those for impalas but never found any place that does the same for 60's cadillacs...Anyone could help me on this one? Thanks...:)

·
Registered
1970 Sedan deVille hardtop
595 Posts
What sort of parts?
Some of the companies that work with the 472/500 family also make a few parts for older Cad engines. If you look on the Comp or Crane cams website, they might have cams also. At least the older engines don't have the wacky T-pedastals like the 472!

If you have a list of moog springs, you can find lots of springs that will interchange with the originals and if you can do some decent calculations you can figure out some decent lowering springs.
Helwig also makes swaybars for LOTS of vehicles, so you might try there to keep the car more level in the corners. I know they make swaybars for my '70...

The aftermarket for Caddies just isn't what it is for Chevies though, and I wouldn't count on many parts interchanging. This is back before Cadillac started getting hand-me-down frames from corporate.
There are a fair amount of places with restoration parts, but there just isn't much demand for performance pieces on old luxo barges.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BluEyes said:
What sort of parts?
Some of the companies that work with the 472/500 family also make a few parts for older Cad engines. If you look on the Comp or Crane cams website, they might have cams also. At least the older engines don't have the wacky T-pedastals like the 472!
If you have a list of moog springs, you can find lots of springs that will interchange with the originals and if you can do some decent calculations you can figure out some decent lowering springs.
Helwig also makes swaybars for LOTS of vehicles, so you might try there to keep the car more level in the corners. I know they make swaybars for my '70...
The aftermarket for Caddies just isn't what it is for Chevies though, and I wouldn't count on many parts interchanging. This is back before Cadillac started getting hand-me-down frames from corporate.
There are a fair amount of places with restoration parts, but there just isn't much demand for performance pieces on old luxo barges.
I hear ya man...Thanks! I'm looking for new jobber body parts like floors, fenders and stuff like that...After market body parts like Classic Industries and and Harmon's Chevrolet have for Chevy's...:eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
You may want to try:

http://www.usapartssupply.com/

They have patch panels as well as fenders etc. Their catalog is free and I have had good luck with them so far. What model did you get? Coupe or Sedan? Post up some pics when you get a chance.

I ordered some 2" drop springs a month ago from Eaton springs but have not had time to put them on yet. Working lots of OT so Santa can put plenty of presents under the tree.

My goal is to bag it but I dont have the funds for that right now so slow and low is the tempo.

Good luck with the resto.

Darryl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts