Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people,

I'm planning to buy a V from Farmington, MI. Problem is, I'm hours away, up in Canada. If anyone's got some free time on Tuesday, would they be willing to go look at the car for me? Thanks in advance.

- Jon.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Jon said:
Hi people,

I'm planning to buy a V from Farmington, MI. Problem is, I'm hours away, up in Canada. If anyone's got some free time on Tuesday, would they be willing to go look at the car for me? Thanks in advance.

- Jon.

On your way back stop by Katech and we'll make some more power for ya. :highfive:

You're going to be on I94 anyways. We're right off the freeway. :D

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Katech said:
On your way back stop by Katech and we'll make some more power for ya. :highfive:

You're going to be on I94 anyways. We're right off the freeway. :D
haha i kinda need my warranty. how much for the CAGS eliminator tho?

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is an '04.

Thanks very much to Flyboy who has offered to go drive the car for me. Really appreciate it!!

·
Registered
2007 Yukon Denali / 2009 G8 GT
347 Posts
Jon,
Flyboy will take care of you. He knows the car real well. Katech has modded his V real nice.
Where in Canada are you located?

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ryan's '05-V said:
Jon,
Flyboy will take care of you. He knows the car real well. Katech has modded his V real nice.
Where in Canada are you located?
I'm in Ontario :) I'm about 5-6 hours away from the dealership.

·
Registered
2007 Yukon Denali / 2009 G8 GT
347 Posts
What dealership is the V at and what city do you live in? 5-6 hours is either north or east of Toronto a little.
I hope it works out for you. The V is an awesome car.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ryan's '05-V said:
What dealership is the V at and what city do you live in? 5-6 hours is either north or east of Toronto a little.
I hope it works out for you. The V is an awesome car.
It's at a used car dealership. They're called YBS. I'm north of Toronto, in Richmond Hill. Thanks, I hope it works out too. I'll be picking it up Saturday if all goes well :D Then I'd hafta sell my CTS.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V FG2, BB, CAI...
122 Posts
i'm a michigander...if Flyboy bails out - no pun - give me a call, i'll be in farmington hills tomorrow morning.

Brett
734-341-8991 (cell)

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Brett. Flyboy's graciously agreed to go drive the car for me tomorrow though :)

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PLATINUM-V said:
Jon,
If that one doesn't work out for you I'm selling my V in Warren Mi 21k miles asking 37k but willing to deal see classifieds.
Thanks for the offer :)

The one I'm looking at has 12k miles and going for less than that tho... But if that falls through (and I really hope it doesn't) I will see.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Jon said:
haha i kinda need my warranty. how much for the CAGS eliminator tho?
Flyboy's car is still under warranty. He still gets things warrantied somehow and it's modded.

The plug in CAGS eliminator is $18.00 or we can take it out of the programming using LS1 edit for $80.00. Taking it out of the programming is more expensive but its cleaner because you don't have to disconnect and tie-up a harness.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Katech said:
Flyboy's car is still under warranty. He still gets things warrantied somehow and it's modded.

The plug in CAGS eliminator is $18.00 or we can take it out of the programming using LS1 edit for $80.00. Taking it out of the programming is more expensive but its cleaner because you don't have to disconnect and tie-up a harness.
Well I'll be in MI on Saturday, and probably leaving late, so I'm not going to have time to stop by. If I buy the CAGS eliminator from you online, is it the same price? And how difficult is it to install? Will my car show a check engine light or anything?

As for power mods... I'm gonna keep it stock for the time being. I'm going from a 3.6L CTS to a V, never had this much power before. Plus I have to drive it in the winter too. But when the time comes, I'll be sure to let you know :)

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
Jon, since you're driving the V in the snow, you'll need some dedicated winter tires. Stock F1s will be stuck on 3 snowflakes. :)

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
StealthV said:
Jon, since you're driving the V in the snow, you'll need some dedicated winter tires. Stock F1s will be stuck on 3 snowflakes. :)
lol definately :) I was going to get snow tires even for my V6, and ALMOST did, then decided to get a V. Any idea for cheap rims I can run for the winter? I don't want to spend too much for winter rims.

Man... This is hard, posting and paying attention to class....

·
Registered
327 Posts
Jon said:
Well I'll be in MI on Saturday, and probably leaving late, so I'm not going to have time to stop by. If I buy the CAGS eliminator from you online, is it the same price? And how difficult is it to install? Will my car show a check engine light or anything?

As for power mods... I'm gonna keep it stock for the time being. I'm going from a 3.6L CTS to a V, never had this much power before. Plus I have to drive it in the winter too. But when the time comes, I'll be sure to let you know :)

Its the same price on ebay. It's extremely easy to install. It just plugs right in and there will be no check engine light.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They sold the car this morning without telling me, wtf...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts