Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,043 Posts
I left Montgomery County in 1959 (Navy) and - thankfully - never went back. 5th gen Washingtonian, all family stretches from St.Mary's County up to Frederick and out to Morgantown, WV. Buried Mom & Dad early 2000s in Gate of Heaven - Georgia & Connecticut Avenues intersection, N. Silver Spring.

Always good for tall tales and a hydraulic lunch over here at Fisherman's Inn.

There is no life west of the Chesapeake Bay

What's to swap about a 3.6 ???? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Stealth Gray stock (unmodded and happy this way)
511 Posts
Since the Jersey "clubs" (if you can consider it that...) haven't been too active lately (or at least I haven't seen anything taking place) and I love the MD/VA area I'd consider the trip. My mother's father's family is from the Carroll County area, mainly Westminster. I believe I still have a few cousins in the area but there's been no contact recently. And Submariner... I hate to disagree but I love a few places west of the Chesapeake Bay. Been to the northern end of the VA mountains twice and WV twice. Beautiful country out there.

·
Administrator
68,043 Posts
kb, The "There is no ................" is actually a rather popular bumper sticker over here. It's a play on "Keep the damned stupid Annapolis politicians out of here !!!".

I have a lot of family west of here, and make frequent trips to VA, WV, and southcentral PA. Yes, pretty country - and in a couple of months the apple cider and apple butter will be ready. That calls for a trip up past Gettysburg.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm planning that too. My father's family is from the Altoona/Johnstown area. Looking forward to the apples.

·
Administrator
68,043 Posts
If you ever get over into Virginia - out Rt.66 and off into the boonies around Front Royal - apple, cider, butter heaven in October. South central PA - the 7 Springs/Hidden Valley area - same good stuff.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've been into the Front Royal area. Found an excellent orchard in the Mt Jackson area. I'll have to check out what's in PA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts