Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around the GM accesories website, and I found the two different exhausts that gM makes for the escalade. One is the sport, and the other is the touring. Both cost about 800.00 and keep your GM warranty intact when installed by a dealer.

Im pretty interested in getting one these, as I like being able to keep my warranty. I also like the tip on this exhaus better than the dual outlets found on the Corsa or Borla exhausts.

Im just wondering if anybody on here installed this exhaust on there escalade ? Do they provide any kind of perfomrance gains?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2015 Mercedes CLS63 AMG S
890 Posts
I'm curious about this too, but havn't been able to find anyone who has one to see if its worth the dough.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
Me too...anyone know if it's made by another manufacturer and labeled GM, like Mopar does with Borla or Corsa (never remember which one it is)? I like the single tail pipe better than the twin too...

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I sold a GM exhaust to a member here Marco, the system looks to be manufacturered by Borla, I personally like Corsa or B&B better, I have them on each on my 07's. :)

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
I sold a GM exhaust to a member here Marco, the system looks to be manufactured by Borla, I personally like Corsa or B&B better, I have them on each on my 07's. :)
Good info...thanks. Borla's definitely a reputable company.

·
Registered
890 Posts
So how does this exaust system sound?

Big difference? Worth the dough?

What's the diff between Performance and Touring....

Also, someone once told me you can change the sound of the exaust electronicly from the drivers seat while driving, is this true?

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
So how does this exaust system sound?

Big difference? Worth the dough?

What's the diff between Performance and Touring....

Also, someone once told me you can change the sound of the exhaust electronically from the drivers seat while driving, is this true?
The GM Parts Direct website states the following as the description of both systems, Touring and Performance...

The GM Performance Exhaust System is constructed of T-304 stainless steel with mandrel bent tubing and features semi-polished S-type mufflers with two distinctive sounds: the Touring System has a "throaty purr", while the Performance System gives the truck an "aggressive growl". Unique to the GM Performance Exhaust System are adjustable and interchangeable, fully-polished exhaust tips that proudly display the Chevy Bowtie or GMC logo.

The tips are sold separately. Pricing, about $1K +/- shipped is about what you'd expect to pay for a system like this, maybe a little less, maybe a little more. T-304 stainless steel is a good grade for exhaust, lesser stainless steel grades or aluminum would be cheaper and not last near as long, especially in a winter climate with road salt, etc.

Your talking about about an electronic cut-out I believe. Not something I'd expect to find on an Escalade but you never know. It allows you to run open exhaust on the highway or track, and close it up for around town so as to not attract the attention of the local law enforcement officials. Old school cut-outs were hand operated, not electronic...

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
There are electric cutouts now, and I have a few customers that have them on their Escalade's, why I have no idea, it sounds like crap when they are open, and there is no gain in performance, just loud. You can find the GM exhaust new on E-bay from time to time for around 500 dollars, just keep looking.

·
Registered
890 Posts
There are electric cutouts now, and I have a few customers that have them on their Escalade's, why I have no idea, it sounds like crap when they are open, and there is no gain in performance, just loud. You can find the GM exhaust new on E-bay from time to time for around 500 dollars, just keep looking.
So the Escalade GM exaust system is a electronicly controlled system?

Noone really knows anything about this? Does anyone even buy these?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
So the Escalade GM exaust system is a electronicly controlled system?

Noone really knows anything about this? Does anyone even buy these?
No GM exhausts are not controlled by electronics, but some of the cutouts are that are being welding on the exhausts

·
Registered
890 Posts
No GM exhausts are not controlled by electronics, but some of the cutouts are that are being welding on the exhausts
Well if anyone has, or gets this let me know if the sound is worth the money!

I'd definately be interested if there was a big difference

1 - 11 of 11 Posts