Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i got my son his 99 STS i decided i wanted it more than him. So i gave him my BMW 540i Touring, and took the Caddy, now i have nothing to use for work, i need something the size of a 5 series, but maybe a bit less dull, bareing in mind im in the UK so i have a slightly more limited choice that the States. Could you Guys suggest anything?
I would love to use the STS but its too much in fuel and my junior can't park it, same for the 'lade, and the Range, the Vectra is the car everybody in my family use so it's a bit worn, its mainly a workhorse. Anyway suggestions Welcome :D

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really, im a terrible father i stole my sons car! i need some suggestions....i keep thjinking BMW// mercedes. i dont really want either

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
How terrible can you be... you gave him a 540 in return! Id be extatic!

The car for you is an 05 3.6L STS or a 735i OR 7 Series TD (I know they dont export the 735 or the Diesels to the states, do they have them in the UK?). You might like a 3.6L SRX wagon as well!

BTW... You didnt tell me you had a Range Rover. What year is it? Ive been after an 03 forever.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Keeping in mind the size issue....how about an Audi S6?

I love Jags, if a coupe is an option XK8.

New and even smaller and better on gas, a MINI?

VW has a decent line-up......would a Toureg be too big? If so there's the passat which I find a bit boring.

Lexus ES330 has an AMAZING interior and cheap on gas and maintenance.

And ofcourse there's the CTS Caddies!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Playdrv4me said:
How terrible can you be... you gave him a 540 in return! Id be extatic!

The car for you is an 05 3.6L STS or a 735i OR 7 Series TD (I know they dont export the 735 or the Diesels to the states, do they have them in the UK?). You might like a 3.6L SRX wagon as well!

BTW... You didnt tell me you had a Range Rover. What year is it? Ive been after an 03 forever.
Yeah we get the 7 Series Diesels here, the 730d is a top seller, but im in two minds about buying BMW again, it seems to have a stigma attatched. The 540 was quite recent, as i had my 97 stolen, i replaced it with a 2004. I would consider an S-Type Diesel, ive driven the S-Type R and that was fantastic, but i need more economy. The caddys are for the open road :D
I was also thinking about a slightly used VW Pheaton...Still not sure, more suggestions would be welcome

Yes, i have a range rover, it's a 2002 (current style) model, 4.4 Vogue// its a fantastic car off and on road, i'll probably replace it with a newer one in 2006/7.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
If you love the S-Type R, when it comes time to replace the Range, replace it with the Range Rover Supercharged... Same engine!!... 400hp.

VW Phaeton is nice, and over there you guys probably get the Short wheelbase version which is a little easier on the road, plus the Diesel. All in all thats a very good car.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think its likely to be the Pheaton, yes theres a short wheelbase model, which would be ideal as i do occasionally have to take out of town clients to places round here. But it still isnt so big// theres also the option of a 3.0 Diesel so cheap aswell.
When i heard about the Supercharged engine i was in half a mind to trade mine in!
I would very much like a supercharged Range Rover

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
reading back, what are the statistics for the Audi RS6?
aso the Jaguar Diesel?
The pheaton Doesnt matter about 0-60 times and such because its a cruiser. anyway if anyone has any information...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts