Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1996 eldorado
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all I have a 96 Eldorado that was running great,better after I installed the northstar performance studs,its been about 6months,the other day my wife was driving it and it died on her twice,she told me all power was lost like someone turned off the key ,all elect and all,then started right back up,i drove it to a funeral and it seemed fine,then I got home fri and she told me it was driving fine then it didn't seem right it was loosing power and would not go over 45 and it was running a high rpm,meaning it wasn't shifting ,she came home,i checked it and a knock sensor code came up,i also noticed the neg battery lead loose,i repaired it and it seems to run fine but will nit shift the codes I pulled up are ir2255,pc0603,tc0033 and tc0063 which all are current,please help me try to figure this out,thanks rob

·
Registered
1996 eldorado
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the codes are ir2255 loss of serial data,pc 0603 kam for pcm,tc0033 rr wheel sensor,tc0063 brake pressure modulation valve,i test drove it today and it still didn't shift I think out of second,1st will the tc codes make it only start in 2nd?,i thought I read this someplace?,2nd today I got a recode of p0327 knock sensor,can this be my problem and the thing is running in limp mode?????,please help,i was layed off and had to take a job making 1/2 the money and my wifes owner of her co just passed and she is prob going to have to look for a job,and I need to get her car fixed asap,not wining just looking for some fast help on info,thanks soooo much all of you,rob

·
Registered
1996 eldorado
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your help,today I installed the tranny shift solenoid kit,no problem installing it,everything is working great,just turned 144000 miles as I pulled in driveway from test drive,i did not have any tranny codes,so I took a shot in the dark,wooo hoo,wonder how many people got screwed by tranny shops,i called someone that has a tranny shop and asked him about the solenoids and he wanted 700.00 to do it ,but didn't want to said tranny was bad,my cost for kit was 37.00 shipped to me for free,now all I need to do is figure out my excessive oil usage,1 qt a week,normal driving and no leaks,also car smells like its running rich,tail pipes black and no codes

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,489 Posts
gladyoufixedthetransmissionshiftproblem-nowyouneedtoretrieveanydiagnostictroublecodesformyourcar'sbuiltincodesystemandthenusethelinkinthethread'howtopullcodes'togetthedefinitionsthenpostthemallheresowecanseewhat'swrong.pleasedefineyourfoundcodesbecausewedon'thaveallofthemmmeorizedyet.thanks.pleasestudythecadillactechnicalarchivewayup^^^inthetopblackbar-"occasionalfullthrottleoperationisgoodforyourengine....".

Sorry, but it's pretty difficult to follow the train of thought if the English is wrote wrotten. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts