Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I been away for a while but I am back. The layout on the forum has changed. I don't see any must read threads at the beginning of each section anymore so I am sorry for asking in advance. I am in the market for another V. Just wondering what everyone thinks. I missed this forum bad. Thanks.

·
Registered
07 Escalade; 08 STS-V; 09 XLR; 13 CTS-V; 18 CTS-V; 20 CT6-V
214 Posts
I own both a CTS-V MkII and a CTS-V MkIII - never bothered with the MkI version. The former is a 2013 and the latter is a 2018. They are both European versions and so have a few visual differences with the US versions but I won't bore you with them. The MkII has a much more pliant ride than the MkIII which feels jittery - in a way the chassis appears too light given the amount of horsepower it has and I also feel that they did not make the Magnaride in tour mode compliant enough - which is bizarre since it is the third (or fourth) generation of Magnaride and you would have thought that they would have expanded the performance envelope. Alas, nothing doing. Having said that the MkIII does pip the MkII in top speed - 310+ vs 302 km/h. There are few cars that can outrun me - the W12 Bentley being one of the few luxury GTs that can because its top speed is closer to 320/325 kmh and so on long stretches of Germany's wonderful speed de-restricted highways it will tend to move away from me when we are both flat out kilometer after kilometer. And then of course after 90 mins it is time to refill the micro-tank (70 liters - barely) with 101-octane unleaded and $130 leave my bank account via my debit card!!! On the MkIII version I made sure not to repeat the mistake I made with the MkII and ordered the car without the sunroof! The closed roof lets in way too much wind noise at speeds above 250 km/h, besides adding weight, complexity, lower headroom and is in my opinion is also an eyesore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts