Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone. I'm a regular over on the first generation board.

I just finished paying off my 04 CTS and am considering purchasing an 08 CTS (either that or a MB C350).

So my question for you guys is if there are any differences between the 08s and 09s?

I know that with the first generation models, there was a world of difference between the 03 and 04 (whole new engine in 04).

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 CRYSTAL RED TINTCOAT/LIGHT TITANIUM
295 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '71 Eldo Conv
1,000 Posts
Besides the changed black roof antenna for the OnStar, to a body colored shark fin, the '08 also does not have visible, manual interior door locks, and the '09 has those added (compare the inner front doors, checking for manual door locks). My car was built in December 2007, and it has been problem-free. I think the CTS is a much nicer car than a M-B C350--roomier, more stylish and more solid riding (especially with the FE2 suspension). Good luck shopping!

·
Registered
2008 CTS DI AWD Black
8 Posts
In 08 I shopped for MB, BMW, Jaguar, Lincoln. The CTS was by far (and I mean far) an overwhelmingly superior vehicle in every respect. I own a BMW 7 like it, but I prefer the CTS I bought for my wife.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
Later '08's and all '09's can have bluetooth, but most '08's don't. '08's have heated washer fluid and reverse dipping outside mirrors, and '09's don't. '08's have an attractive sewn seam on the door inserts that has been deleted for '09. Some option groups have been realigned. Some different colors. Antenna as noted above. '09's seem to be more reliable, so it seems anyway from reading this forum. Otherwise, they are the same.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
08 = 3.6
09 = 3.6
10 = 3.0 with more horsepower
10 = not sure if 3.6 is avail.

This does not quite address your question, but....

·
Registered
09 CTS 3.6 Metallic Red, 11 Subaru Outback, 04 Malibu Maxx
278 Posts
Later '08's and all '09's can have bluetooth, but most '08's don't. '08's have heated washer fluid and reverse dipping outside mirrors, and '09's don't. '08's have an attractive sewn seam on the door inserts that has been deleted for '09. Some option groups have been realigned. Some different colors. Antenna as noted above. '09's seem to be more reliable, so it seems anyway from reading this forum. Otherwise, they are the same.

some early MY 09s do have the heated fluid and tilt mirrors...bought my 09 in Sept 08 with these two features.....

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
FWIW...

The black window frames on the doors of my new May 2009-built '09 CTS have a much different surface texture compared to what was applied to my '08 CTS4. The new window frames have a matte black finish and a rougher surface texture & feel, a combination which virtually eliminates the potential for fingerprints and mild surface scratching. The door-mounted window frames on my '08 CTS4 were smoother and shinier, and were vulnerable to fingerprinting and fine scratches. The design change/update in this area is surprising and welcome.. an excellent example of product improvement.

On the very first drive I discovered that my '09 DI FE2 CTS has a much better ride (improved suspension 'feel') compared to my '08 DI FE2 CTS4. The new car deals with the bumps in the road way better than what my '08 CTS4 did. I don't know if this is attributable to GM tweaking some FE2 suspension components for 2009 MY cars, or if it is largely the result of my going from FE2 with AWD to FE2 without AWD. The new car is certainly lighter (200+ pounds lighter), so that might explain some of the difference in suspension feel. I really prefer my '09 for the substantial differerence/improvement in suspension feel.

As I think of it.. the front seats in my '09 feel more comfortable. They seem to have more support, with slightly more padding on the front seat bottoms. I've also noticed that I am able to raise the driver's seat on my '09 car much higher than what I could on my '08 vehicle (at least an inch higher). I had always set the driver's seat to max height on my '08 CTS4.. if I do that on my '09 CTS my head begins to make contact with the roof before the seat reaches full upward travel.

As much as I loved my '08 CTS4, I love my '09 CTS even more. The new car just seems to be put together a little better. We can probably attribute much of that to 'continuous improvement'.

Cheers
RAB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts