Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i knew something was going to happen with my new puppy that is teething and chewing on everything in the house, yard, you name it. I left the garage and came back to find out he sneaked in and chewed on the vinyl at the bottom of the door. It's ruined! I looked online but at the cheaper places (gmpartshouse, for example) they don't have 09 listed, just 08. I need a Ebony door panel. Are there any differences between the 08 and 09 door panels? Geez, Boxers, they are crazy dogs.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's the driver's door. i was going to see what was possible, but would like to know if the 08 and 09 door panels are interchangeable.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts
it's the driver's door. i was going to see what was possible, but would like to know if the 08 and 09 door panels are interchangeable.
Might be functionally interchangeable, but not aesthetically. A double-handstitched seam in the soft vinyl, running diagonally from the armrest up toward the window, is present on '08 CTS door panels, but not '09s.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, just looked up images and saw that. For 200 bucks in savings, i'll deal with the stitched seam, and tell everyone it's because the driver is more special LOL

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
The insert is a separate piece that can probably be replaced with the original, seamed piece. The body shop could help with this.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
Before spending big bucks, why not check with a local upholstery shop and see if they can repair just the damaged portion.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
C "T" ESS, you must be reading my mind . . . I did go to a custom vinyl, vinyl repair place. They said they can make a repair but on a large section with curves the seams will be noticeable. And, it wasn't that much of a difference in price. I am still going fish around for some options, however. It still works even if unsightly, especially to me. I am very picky about my car.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
What about using your insurance? It should be covered under the comprehensive, or maybe even your homeowner's, because it was your dog. Then you get a new, correct door panel for your car, if your deductible isn't too high. It shouldn't raise your rates, either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts