Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
CTS/V
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from Mark Christopher GM/Cadillac here in southern California where I was told there is a 10 grand dealer mark-up to for CTS/V's they order. I have heard others got orders for at or under MSRP at other dealerships. Mark Christopher is a known rip-off dealership so I'm not surprised even though I am a repeat customer of theirs' for other high end cars like a 2013 ZR1. Anybody have any recommendations for a place to take an order at a fair price? I am in socal but I will order and have shipped rather than pay rip-offs extra money.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V sedan, 2017 CT6, 2000 Eldorado ETC
239 Posts
Send a PM to PissedoffWookie, he is a sales manager or at least places Cadillac orders in Socal and from my perspective seems to be a great guy. He is in Carlsbad, Ca.
Blake

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
This is not unheard of in riverside, orange, and L.A. county a fair amount of the dealers there are markup artists

You should try the 4 Cadillac dealers in San Diego I've rarely heard of them gouging like that ...... Chevy dealers in San Diego on the other hand are going nuts with Z06 markups right now.... I assume orange, LA, and riverside might be doing the same or worse

----------

Send a PM to PissedoffWookie, he is a sales manager or at least places Cadillac orders in Socal and from my perspective seems to be a great guy. He is in Carlsbad, Ca.
Blake
Thanks...that is really cool of you to say

I don't want there to be any sense of self serving or conflict so I will do this .....

One of my mentors is a great guy and he will always give a fair price and at this stage that is MSRP ...he during his career has been the number one (literally) Buick and Cadillac salesman in the western third of the United States for years on end....and when my office was across from his (I no longer work at that dealer) the walls of his office were nearly completely covered in awards....and when you sell Gm products if you can get into their standards for excellence program ....to start if you pass all training, sell at least 75 cars annually and have the surveys on all those be top marks you earn a gold ring (it's large like a class ring) and every year you win this top award for performance and customer satisfaction you get a diamond added to the perimeter of the ring ....he has filled two rings.

His name is Robert he works by appointment only and he is at Marvin K. Brown I have the utmost respect for this man, he taught me tons, he is just a great guy and my friend.

It was crazy working there with him ..it was as if every other customer would only work with him there were tons of times where I'd see a customer in the showroom and offer to help they'd flatly say no and wait...loyalty like that to a salesman is unheard of, shows what a stand up guy Robert is.....the wait was usually because they were early for an appointment or the last appointment went long.....if this happened and it would be longer Robert would go get the waiting client and introduce them to me...which was a sign to them I was ok ....and only then would they allow me to help them....amazing!

Call there and ask for Robert or his partner Bob (Robert has scaled back his hours and has taken on bob as his partner until he retires, bob is amazing too and also my friend) you will be taken care of and fairly by them.

By the way bob (not Robert) is a huge car fanatic and has done it all from working with race teams to running a dealership he also ran the customization shop at that MKB so if you want to trick your car out there are very few better.

----------

Hope this helps:)

·
Registered
98' Eldorado ESC
740 Posts
I've heard good things about silverstar cadillac, personally have never been there. I've been to Casa De Cadillac but I've heard some mixed reviews and pretty sure they'll mark up too. Not sure though, always worth a try.

·
Registered
CTS/V
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Renick Cadillac in Fullerton will take my order from MSRP. Les Stanford in Dearborn Michigan may be able to order it for significantly under MSRP. Just waiting to hear the final word on that which is supposed to be this week.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe (gone, but not forgotten)
145 Posts
Back in 2010 I got my CTS-V coupe from Bunnin Cadillac wayyyyyy up the 405 in Valencia, I think. Somewhere out there. Think they changed their name to Alexander Cadillac. Very straightforward. I went in the middle of the week and was the only person in the store the entire 2 hours or so I was there. Fair. Easy. No pain. In out and done.

That said, this will be like Z06 for a while, especially here in LA. Hot car, on a lot of people's radar. M5 is old. E63 AMG a year (minimum) away. This is the new kid on the block.

·
Registered
Cadillac technician
669 Posts
You can call Crestview Cadillac in West Covina, it is the dealership I used to work at before being hired by GM.
Not to put any other dealers down, but they are ranked number 1, two years in a row. Back to back Cadillac dealer of the year awards, out of all dealerships only 20 in the nation win these awards.
PM me if you want the details.

·
Registered
CTS/V
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up ordering from Les Stanford in Dearborn Mich. The car will be sent to a dealership in Socal so there will be no additional shipping costs. I did find a local dealer that would order for MSRP but his allocation for the V was thin and he couldn't tell me when the order could be placed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts