Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Premium AWD
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my CTS and would love a V, but I would never throw a V emblem on my non V Sedan. I recently moved to the far west suburb of Chicago and have noticed many vehicles that have false badges. At my train station there is a brand new S 550 that is branded as a S 550 AMG. Which never has existed and any person that knows MB (even from a competitive stand point) is aware that 550 and AMG never go together. It would be either S63 or S65, but it would never have 3 digits. Who buys a 94K sedan and throws on fake badges?! The next week I pull up next to a CTS with standard CTS rims and CTS4/3.6 on the truck and V logos on the lower doors and rear. What is the point of putting AMG or V on a vehicle if the only people that will appreciate it can tell it is fake?! Is it to pull up to a stoplight and get embarrassed with the satisfaction you gave other drivers confidence in believing they just destroyed a V/AMG in a 40 MPG family crossover?

Am I the only one who this bothers? My fiance looks at me like I am insane when I go on my rants. Better yet, do any of you have V badges on non V CTS? If so, what did you see as the benefit?

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
I don't like it either. But do you think that anyone here is going to publicly admit to doing this?

Shakey

·
Registered
12 CTS 3.6 Coupe Premium Black
103 Posts
I bought my 3.6l already debadged. If it were to have any V emblems, I would have promptly taken them off. That's flat out lame, IMO. As much as I like the V hood/bumper combo, I wouldn't do but one, or the other (probably hood).

What about "Hemi" stickers? Is them ok fer it? :rofl:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought my 3.6l already debadged. If it were to have any V emblems, I would have promptly taken them off. That's flat out lame, IMO. As much as I like the V hood/bumper combo, I wouldn't do but one, or the other (probably hood).

What about "Hemi" stickers? Is them ok fer it? :rofl:
Agreed, I like the V grille, but I probably wont get it just so I don't rip off a true V.

You never know shakey deal, we may find a brave soul. Or maybe somebody who has a "friend" that did it.

·
Registered
Previous:2005 Cadillac XLR; Current:2014 Cadillac CTS Coupe
299 Posts
Agree with the others, V badges are for the Vs. Have the performance to justify them, not to mention the cost. I do however like the design of the mesh grille and the round exhausts on the V. Pretenders have been around forever with all makes and models and are lame as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD (sold)
823 Posts
Well here is my experience..... I have the V front bumper and brembo brakes (with brembo logo, not V logo). No V hood/badging/rear bumper. I would say about 3 times already a real V would come up next to me and try to race me. I just ignore them in shame :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well here is my experience..... I have the V front bumper and brembo brakes (with brembo logo, not V logo). No V hood/badging/rear bumper. I would say about 3 times already a real V would come up next to me and try to race me. I just ignore them in shame :)
haha I love it! Granted you did not put V badging on it, so you are all good in my book. I do envy those V rims..... :worship:

·
Registered
2009 CTS
197 Posts
My car is debadged but no v emblems and suttle changes none to make v like. i like the fact its not a v like a middle ground with over 300hp. But if i had a v i would take the v badges off too i like the sleeper effect.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Some say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and I agree to a point.
It's your car. If you like the wheels, hood, grill, etc.. on another model enough to spend the money to have them put on your car, more power to you!
Dressing up your car to look like another (including identifying badges/insignia) in order to perpetrate a fraud is just lame.

·
Registered
Traded in that boat anchor
129 Posts
I bought my 2011 raven black sedan and it was debadged, has a V grill and wheels, tinted tail lights and all the chrome has been blacked out. It looks great but in no way does it pass for or imply to be a V. Modify your car however you want but I think it would be very embarrassing when you get called out for being a phony. I would imagine it's mostly younger guys or posers that do it. If anyone my age is doing it I question their maturity. Lol

·
Registered
2009 CTS Performance Sedan
160 Posts
I've always thought it would fun to take a wrecked V sedan and switch out hood, grill, badges, wheels, quiet exhaust note, etc. back to 3.6 DI... think of the feelings you could hurt with that sleeper set up.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
12 Posts
What about this.. What if you took a regular CTS and put a lot of money into it to make it a V in every way. Interior all V, performance mods under the hood all to match that of a V and exterior. I mean to the point that most Cadillac enthusiasts even think its a V. Would that be lame? Or do you guys mean that its lame to just throw some V emblems on a obvious regular CTS not modified in any other way.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
^^No, that wouldn't be lame, it would be stupid. It would cost less to buy a decent used V than to bring a standard CTS up to V specs.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,338 Posts
I know of an owner that added V emblems to his regular CTS4. He showed me pictures of the V emblem right next to the 3.6 DI emblem. I asked why he added the V and he told me he liked the V emblem so he added it. No other reason than he liked the emblem.

I did not yell at him...he wasn't trying to make his car look like a V, or pretend at all it was a V. He just liked the look of the V itself. It's his car, his choice...so I really didn't care. He did what he liked to his car. Even if you want to pretend your car is a V, doesn't bother me. What does bother me...if you try to pass a non V off as a V for sale.

Best example of a car that could have been passed off as something it wasn't, the GNX-Ray. Every part on that car is an authentic GNX part. When it was built, those were hard to come by, unless you worked at the shop that did the GNX conversions. The only thing that could never be obtained was the number between 1 and 547. But the owner wanted to ensure that his car was never mistaken for a real GNX even though he did not have a number. The result is one of the most stunning examples of somebody doing what they want to their car that really made me, and many others, stand up and take notice. The GNX-Ray is amazing, right down to the 1-off hand cast emblems. Hint: It's the color that gives it away. :)

·
Registered
Traded in that boat anchor
129 Posts
I've always thought it would fun to take a wrecked V sedan and switch out hood, grill, badges, wheels, quiet exhaust note, etc. back to 3.6 DI... think of the feelings you could hurt with that sleeper set up.
Now that idea I could go with. That would be tons of fun !! Not to mention you are not trying to make your cheaper car into the expensive option so its totaly cool.

·
Registered
12 CTS 3.6 Coupe Premium Black
103 Posts
I'm going the license plate disclaimer route. Just got back from DMV, and ordered them.

Since it's not a V..

It's......

2015-06-22 17.09.38.jpg

Interpret it as you will!! :rofl:

·
Registered
2010 CTS
110 Posts
I put on the V bumper and 3rd brake light. I also bought the alcantara suede steering wheel and shift knob that come on the V as well as painted the interior silver trim gloss black. I did all of these things because I like the look way better than the standard CTS.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
1,229 Posts
Saw a red coupe on long island today that had a v badge on it. It was obviously not. My first look on the coupe was the exhaust. Still had the square pipes. No big cannons like the V. Didn't look at the front.

Doesn't do it for me if you wanted a v go buy one

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,166 Posts
Lame.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts