Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Besides the generic blues shuffle taught to me so that I could jam a long with my Dad when I was a teen.
Howlin Wolf Smokestack Lightening is about as much as I was ever taught.

My Geetars

My Dad's 1960's Supro Dual Tone given to me by Dad it was his first guitar.

----------

My Gram played Harmonica this was her's I kept it as a remembrance, Maybe you can tell me more about it??

·
Registered
1997 Seville sts
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Besides the generic blues shuffle taught to me so that I could jam a long with my Dad when I was a teen.
Howlin Wolf Smokestack Lightening is about as much as I was ever taught.

My Geetars

My Dad's 1960's Supro Dual Tone given to me by Dad it was his first guitar.

----------

My Gram played Harmonica this was her's I kept it as a remembrance, Maybe you can tell me more about it??
I don't know alot about guitars, but those look pretty nice. The hohner Great little harp is a diatonic and is a great standby/campfire harp. If it was your grandma's I'm guessing it's pretty old (no offense) anyway, the ones they are coming out with nowadays are insane, laser cut pro-harps.... but little Walter made due with the old school stuff.

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
I have been in a number of bands over the years (drummer) , mainly rock and roll and pop, I respect the talent involved in blues guitar, but dont really enjoy blues,
I like R & B though.

·
Registered
Orange And Purple Lights.
6,632 Posts
Us Irish people like folk music and tend to enjoy Blues music. When I was in the crossing over at the airport in Tennessee, I was rather tempted to buy a resonator guitar I saw, but realized I could always get one later.

Harmonica, I can play, but haven't really tried in a few years, so it would likely take me a minute to get back into it.

----------

On a random note, CTSCHICK, that is some interesting interior decor you have there. Aside from the Guitars and that violet shelf-thingamajig, it looks like you may have robbed one of my friends here, as she owns ALL of those things (I can't agree with anything Disney-oriented, sorry) and has been trying to take me to that Jekyll and Hyde place for around seven years now with no success, because I usually avoid New York. She has shown me photos of it though and it turns out, the interior of THAT place actually greatly matches the interior of my homes.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
If you aren't kidding, you may want to blur out some of that.

And.....if you aren't kidding...that is incredibly ​AWESOME!

·
Registered
Orange And Purple Lights.
6,632 Posts
Hmmm. I could probably use Voodoo to channel the very spirit of blue itself. I wonder if he has a cool hat...I bet he has a cool hat.

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
Illinois has used the Remington Rand numbering system for Drivers Licenses since I got mine in 1973. Elwood Blues Illinois DL# would have begun with a "B". If the other information is right, the last digit of the second group of numbers would be a "5" and the first digit of the last group would be a "3".

Nice fake!

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Not a 'Blues' guy, but love it's roots; Gospel.

This is what I started on back in '71. It's a 3 octave Musser marimba with rose wood bars, hand carved to tune by Musser himself. One of the last models before he retired.

0323130933.jpg
Around 1980, after a few other organs, I graduated to this little baby. It was originally a Hammond C2, custom modified by Keyboard Products. It's been converted to a portable B3 with percussion, an added 3 spring reverb unit, the base pedal tone wheels have been wired to the lower manual. It has spring steel folding legs, coffin handles on the ends and now weighs only 200 lbs. There are added controls on the console for volume, reverb, volume control for two auxiliary instrument channels, slow, fast and off controls for the Leslie. There are two Leslie input ports in the back as well as the two 1/4" inputs for additional instruments.

I've got an old Multivox MX-450 below for bass pedals when not playing with a bassist. It's minimalist basic but does the job when I need it. It's plugged into one of the auxiliary instrument channels.

The Leslie speaker next to it is a 31A cabinet. The original tube amp has been replaced with a custom bi-amp that puts out 250 watts to a JBL compression tweeter on the top and a 15" JBL woofer on the bottom. The rotor motors have been replaced with 122 motors for slow, fast and off options. This baby screams!

0323130924.jpg

0323130935.jpg

0323130926.jpg

0323130938.jpg

0323130931.jpg

0323130938a.jpg

·
Registered
1997 Seville sts
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, alot of interesting people in the world of cadillac. I have much respect for any musician of any genre. Alot of time goes into learning an instrument. I have friends that play heavy metal, country, blues and 80s rock/pure solo guitar. It's funny because none of us have ever really tried to collaborate... glad to know you're all out there.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Good to see musicians around.

Though it can't be called blues, I play sax...love the be-bop era, rhythm changes and typically anything other than a 1-4-5 progression 12 - bar blues.

Though, it has its place, blues will generally bore the crap out of me...with a twinge of fear (play enough gigs in ratty establishments...just after 2 am can be a pain...)

Now give me some JWalker and the all stars or Sam and Dave (hold-on, I'm com in') and I am all in!

·
Registered
1997 Seville sts
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good to see musicians around.

Though it can't be called blues, I play sax...love the be-bop era, rhythm changes and typically anything other than a 1-4-5 progression 12 - bar blues.

Though, it has its place, blues will generally bore the crap out of me...with a twinge of fear (play enough gigs in ratty establishments...just after 2 am can be a pain...)

Now give me some JWalker and the all stars or Sam and Dave (hold-on, I'm com in') and I am all in!

Haha, that's ok. It bores the crap out of my girlfriend and most my friends too. I played alto sax in junior high... I wish I would have stuck with it, cuz they got a great sound.

·
Registered
95 fleetwood brougham, 01 Seville, 06 dts
81 Posts
:cool2:I am a flute player and I can jam some grand funk railroad, Metallica , even a little iron maiden! I have two Armstrongs, a Deford, and a Geminhardt. I have been playing for about 27 years. I also peck around on keyboards. My son plays strings. He has about 9 or 10 guitars including a dobro and a bass. He can play the blues and anything else you like. He even managed to teach me a little blues shuffle on the bass and we jammed while he played his zak Wylde epiphone. What a fun time! Yes we love music and we are blessed to have incredible sound systems in our caddies.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts