Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, I had a 2006 for two years, have sold it and miss the heck out of it. If i buy again, wanted to know if there is any reason to find a 08-09 other than newer/warranty?

Seems like the stereo for 08+ has working ipod interface adapters? Is that true and anything else?

·
Registered
2015 XTS Premium
1,182 Posts
Slightly better looking interior too. I know the changes are minor, but they are HUGE to me...thus I went out and bought all the 08+ interior bits and put them in mine.

·
Registered
Cadillac
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Slightly better looking interior too. I know the changes are minor, but they are HUGE to me...thus I went out and bought all the 08+ interior bits and put them in mine.
Other than the woodgrain vs. metal look on the passenger side dash and steering wheel, what else is different on the interior?

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Nothing that I knew of, they just swapped the carbon fiber dash to the wood panel, the lessened the wood on the center stack radio bezel and added 1 switch per side on the steering wheel for a total of 6 switches.

·
Registered
2015 XTS Premium
1,182 Posts
Other than the woodgrain vs. metal look on the passenger side dash and steering wheel, what else is different on the interior?
New steering wheel, brushed aluminum center bezel, woodgrain trim on passenger dash. Small changes, but IMO, it's a big improvement in the looks department.

·
Registered
2007 STS - V
255 Posts
Minor difference between the looks of gauge cluster also .. to me it looks like 08+ has more definition to each individual gauge ..

·
Registered
89 Posts
The HUD is a nice touch.

Is it worth $10K?

I am new to the STS-V. I would have to check out the different options.

Such low production - not going to be a lot to choose from.

D.

·
Registered
2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500
1,019 Posts
the blind spot and lane change warning is a very good option as well--i looked for 6 months before i found my 2008--theres a guy at Hennssey Cadillac in Duluth Ga, Vic King who speiclaise in these cars--18,000 miles,looks brand new 42K including the extended warranty

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
76 Posts
The newer models are rarer also, especially the 09. Plus the newer models will make your wallet lighter, which will make them slightly quicker.

·
Registered
2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500
1,019 Posts
i use a zune on my 2008,and it works fine.I can also watch music video as well,when im not driving.

·
Registered
2013 OBM CTS-V Coupe
2,664 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
35 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4
1,434 Posts
I'll be honest, I like the '06/'07 wood trim better than the '08/'09 brushed metal look. The lines of the brushed aluminum piece aren't congruent with the rest of the center stack lines.

·
Registered
2008 Thunder Gray STS-V; 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Wagon
36 Posts
Didn't the '08-'09 come with heads up display?
Yes, the Head-Up Display (HUD) was introduced to the STS-V for the 2008 model year. It is a fantastic feature (be sure to leave your polarized sunglasses at home, though). :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts