Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna make my 03 CTS sport loud and ready to race it is in very nice condition but has some mileage standard 3.2L V6 engine I was considering the k&n intake system as a first step ???

I wanna make my 03 CTS loud and ready to race. It has a standard 3.2L V6 in good condition. I was considering the K&N cold air intake system as my first step. If you have any advice or other ideas all would be greatly appreciated???

I wanna make my 03 CTS loud and ready to race. It has a standard 3.2L V6 in good condition. I was considering the K&N cold air intake system as my first step. If you have any advice or other ideas all would be greatly appreciated???

I wanna make my 03 CTS loud and ready to race. It has a standard 3.2L V6 in good condition. I was considering the K&N cold air intake system as my first step. It is dark red black tint black grill and black racing rims. If you have any advice or other ideas all would be greatly appreciated??? It needs to look the look too so ideas on that are appreciated

I wanna make my 03 CTS loud and ready to race. It has a standard 3.2L V6 in good condition. I was considering the K&N cold air intake system as my first step. It is dark red black tint black grill and black racing rims. If you have any advice or other ideas all would be greatly appreciated??? It needs to look the look too so ideas on that are appreciated

(Moderator edit: Please do not multi-post questions in the wrong forums. Your 2003 CTS bears no resemblance to a CTS-V. Your duplicate posts have been merged together and moved to the 2003 CTS forum. Thanks for the interest in CF !!!)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Just loud? Then chop the mufflers and throw on straight pipes out instead. Not much for performance upgrades on these cars since they were considered a mid-level luxury sedan. Search the forums, you will see. Been asked a bunch.

·
Super Moderator 2005 CTS-V
7,693 Posts
Any advice? Well, in addition to the other moderator's advice about not cross-posting your threads in the incorrect forums, I would advise you to use a thread title that tells people what the thread is about rather than something generic like "Any advice?". Most members peruse the thread list looking for topics of interest or topics they feel they can help with; a generic thread title doesn't tell them anything, so they'll be less inclined to open your thread.

Now, with that said, here's a good thread on making your car ready to race: https://www.cadillacforums.com/threads/cts-race-car-build-for-champcar-formerly-chumpcar-racing.1078436/. Obviously he's got a 3.6 instead of your 3.2, but as far as the chassis and suspension preps, everything is the same regardless of the engine.

If you're looking to make it loud and ready to race I don't think a K&N intake is the first step you should take. And I'm not sure the K&N setup is even available anymore; K&N shows it as "out of stock" on their website. I can't imagine it was ever a big seller, as it's such a limited application, so it may be out of stock permanently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
AAIIIC