Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I grew up with late 60's muscle cars. Loved the 383 RoadRunner, 390 AMX, 400 Firebird, and SS396 Chevelle we had. Looking to replace our '06 1SG STS, and test drove a CTS-V with SC 6.2L V8 torque monster. We loved it! Any advice from boomer CTS-V owners out there before we spend some of the kid's inheritance?

·
Registered
05 SRX; 09 V
273 Posts
You need to get your old ass out there and buy the V! I am a 64 yr old boomer. I owned a 57 Chev. A 63 Ranchero V8 stick. A 65 Ranchero 4 sp. A 65 Caliente 4 sp. A 69 Boss 302. A 73 Gran Torino Sport. A 78 Z-28. An 80 L-82 Corvette and 2 supercharged Buicks. The V-2 is the fastest, best handling, coolest car I have ever owned bar none and it will kick the ass of all those cars you mentioned. I call it my late life mid-life crisis car and your kid won't miss the money.

·
Registered
Cadillac
145 Posts
You need to get your old ass out there and buy the V! I am a 64 yr old boomer. I owned a 57 Chev. A 63 Ranchero V8 stick. A 65 Ranchero 4 sp. A 65 Caliente 4 sp. A 69 Boss 302. A 73 Gran Torino Sport. A 78 Z-28. An 80 L-82 Corvette and 2 supercharged Buicks. The V-2 is the fastest, best handling, coolest car I have ever owned bar none and it will kick the ass of all those cars you mentioned. I call it my late life mid-life crisis car and your kid won't miss the money.
Ditto that and much more!

·
Registered
Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon
1,087 Posts
I'm a few years older then the boomers at 72, but I grew up and lived most of my life in the car culture of Southern California. Two months ago I attended a two day driving course at the Bondurant School driving a CTS-V. My classmate, who drives a CTS-V, told me he was 76. If it feels right, do it.

·
Registered
2009 CTSV Auto
1,077 Posts
CTSV is the best car that I have ever owned by far.
I had Corvette, Camaro, BMW, Mercedess, Mustang, GTO's, etc.
Just make sure that you never fully disengage all the traction and stability control system as that could be dangerous due to all the power at the rear wheels.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;
1,219 Posts
Wife and I grew up with late 60's muscle cars. Loved the 383 RoadRunner, 390 AMX, 400 Firebird, and SS396 Chevelle we had. Looking to replace our '06 1SG STS, and test drove a CTS-V with SC 6.2L V8 torque monster. We loved it! Any advice from boomer CTS-V owners out there before we spend some of the kid's inheritance?
Get it! Your kids will be happy for you - and you'll be ecstatic!!
Remember, Paul Newman still ran a few laps in the Daytona Rolex 24 Hr. event in 2005 when he was 80!

Best regards,

Elie

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
CTSV is the best car that I have ever owned by far.
I had Corvette, Camaro, BMW, Mercedess, Mustang, GTO's, etc.
Just make sure that you never fully disengage all the traction and stability control system as that could be dangerous due to all the power at the rear wheals.
Ditto to that. I still can't verbalize the difference between Level 1 off and the Competition Mode. I think you need to turn it all off for the dyno though.

·
Registered
1 of 1 Evo Green Coupe 6m, with RB9
568 Posts
I just turned 63, have owned all types of muscle cars, M series, AMG cars. If you don't get a V buy the end of next week, we're ALL going to hunt you down and kick your A$$.

Its not the most powerful car I've ever owned (800RWHP) but it's the most fun, solid, best quality car yet, PERIOD. If it was an athlete, it would be a middle linebacker!

Spend "their" money!
George

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
..... If you don't get a V buy the end of next week, we're ALL going to hunt you down and kick your A$$.
That's funny! I appreciate the comments. We are still thinking it over. I had previously sworn off leasing new cars, bought the STS as CPO, but I have second thoughts about buying a CPO V that may have been abused, or buying new and taking a huge hit on depreciation. I can lease a new '11 for under $1k/mo, then just walk away in 3 years, or buy if the value is better than residual. Any advice on buying CPO vs. leasing new?

·
Registered
2011 CTS V Coupe, 2007 Escalade ESV
233 Posts
Do it. You won't regret it. U will be driving the FTST PRDCRN SDN N TH WRLD. I am 73, race my V at the Texas Mile and did 176.9 at the 3/4 mile marker. Can't tell u how thrilling it is 2 own and drive this V animal, even at my age. Just do it. Good luck. DonS

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did it today! Took delivery of a new CTS-V sedan, Raven Black over Titanium, polished wheels, sunroof, Recaros, sueded wheel/shifter. It's a beauty. And a beast. This is gonna be fun! I guess I need a new handle?

·
Registered
Cadillac
145 Posts
Did it today! Took delivery of a new CTS-V sedan, Raven Black over Titanium, polished wheels, sunroof, Recaros, sueded wheel/shifter. It's a beauty. And a beast. This is gonna be fun! I guess I need a new handle?
Congratulations, you won't regret it!

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
Welcome aboard, congrats, and change that handle!!!

Would love to see some pics as soon as you have a chance ...

Rob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts