Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, I have just a couple of questions. I have looked through this forum via the search function and have found a lot of useful information but I stil have a couple of questions.

1. Adding refrigerant? My AC Compressor is now off after driving a few days being told that it was low on AC refrig. I purchased this car from a friend that indicated that it sat for much of the summer. Can I use the Freeze 12 product without causing problems and can I deactivate the "Compressor Off" code to get this compressor to kick back on? How much refrigerant will need to by added, assuming that the Freeze 12 is good to use?

2. The Bose Gold system is shot. Only the front passenger speaker appears to work and it has very low volume. How many apeakers are there in the "91 Seville Gold System? I can account for 4 (TWO FRONT DOOR AND TWO BACK). Can any of the exisiting wiring be used for a replacement system, if indeed I decide to replace the Bose Gold?

3. When I first purchased the car, I had to replace the ERG valve (as indicated by the "check engine light and subsequent check by a tech). I change this my self with help from my brother in law and the strangest tool configuration I have ever seen used to remove the two bolts. The engine light is now off but I hear a "rattling" sound when accelerating in low gears. Once up to speed (45mph and over) this rattling stops but returns under slow acceleration.I use premium gas. Is this sound normal for the 4.9? If not any suggestions or things to look at?

4. The last of the Seville '91 questions. Since purchasing, I get a CCR message. The information on here regarding this has been helpful as to changing out with OEM parts or standard. However, in addion to the CCR message, I noticed a "jingle" sound comming from the drivers side rear wheel. Actually sounds like a rock or something was stuck inside somewhere. I could kick the rear will and it would "jingle". I can grab the tire with both hands and shake it, and it "jingles".I took it to the shop and they indicated that the "sensor" for the CCR had a worn out bushing and was hitting the wheel causing the noise. Is this possible? If so, can this be fixed easily and could this be causing the CCR message?

Sorry to be so long with this. Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts
You must clear the LOW REFRIGERANT message to enable the compressor before adding refrigerant. I would think one can would do. I don't know enough about freeze12 to advise one way or the other. If you don't get an answer here, go to caddyinfo and post. Kevin (KHE) is the A/C expert there and can likely give you some good advice.

When you changed the EGR valve, did you rod out the EGR tubes in the TB? If not, remove the air cleaner and look down the TB. You will see two EGR tubes looking back at you. You'll probably find they are carboned closed. Rod them out with a stiff coat hanger or such and that will likely cure the "rattling".

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
1,043 Posts
Are you going to use carb cleaner to "fix" the idle position sensor? I've done this twice in my Mustang. It works like a charm.

·
Registered
1985 Cadillac Sedan DeVille (83k miles)
15 Posts
The BOSE Gold Series will not work with anything else. There are four speakers, and each speaker has its own amplifier attached with it. You can search for FCSR in Florida because they rebuild BOSE Gold Series systems. They have rebuilt my entire stereo system including the head unit with new BOSE parts which are better than the original parts. Their work is not cheap, but it is less expensive than cutting holes on interior panels. Don't try one of those adapters with a new head unit because it won't sound right. FCSR can help you!

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
when changing the EGR valve it's always good practice to change out the electronic EGR controller as well. A functional EGR valve will not work correctly with a failed controller. IT's located above the rear valve cover, with a vaccuum line connecting to the valve. This may be causing your pinging issue, along with the mentioned EGR tubes

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts
This thread is over 3 years old. And where did Bose radio fit in?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.