Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Deville
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
It's definately not flowing steady, either fast or slow. It will spit, then nothing for a few seconds then repeat. I will try to rev engine to gauge the flow. You also said water, not antifreeze. I would assume it will flow whichever you have running in your tank. Correct?

I'll keep you updated.

BTW, does anyone know of a good shop in the Kansas City area?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,854 Posts
It's definately not flowing steady, either fast or slow. It will spit, then nothing for a few seconds then repeat. I will try to rev engine to gauge the flow. You also said water, not antifreeze. I would assume it will flow whichever you have running in your tank. Correct?

I'll keep you updated.

BTW, does anyone know of a good shop in the Kansas City area?
Correct.

I agree with Mark, you definitely have air or exhaust gases in the cooling system.

·
Registered
1998 Deville
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I ran a wire through purge line, then started the vehicle. The coolant ran consistently, with more flow as i revved the engine. No sputter and stop as it did yesterday. I smell absolutely no coolant through the exhaust, only a faint burnt smell of a standard exhaust.

If I have the vehicle running, then open the overflow, after about a minute, should the coolant begin to bubble over the reservoir and out the overflow hose. As I remember the temp was at 206.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,854 Posts
If I have the vehicle running, then open the overflow, after about a minute, should the coolant begin to bubble over the reservoir and out the overflow hose. As I remember the temp was at 206.
Yes. With the cap off, the system is unpressurized and thus lowers the boiling point to about 224 if I remember correctly for a 50/50 Dex/water mix.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,139 Posts
Also, with the surge tank overfilled, it will always try to blow off excess coolant. That liquid has to expand to somewhere.............

The surge tank should be half full, COLD. No more.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts