Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
06 DTS Raven Black - 05 CTS-V Raven Black
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found flooded drivers side floor board, cleaned it up, added water to full level and put radiator cap on loose. Car ran fine, never over heated got me to work and back fine. Car ran fine the next day to work and back, no more leaking. Just went out to go to dinner and the floorboard is flooded again.
Anybody ever run into this before? Any ideas what it could be? Is heater core on drivers side?

2006 DTS Base

·
Registered
1997 Professional Chassis Raised Roof Presidential Limousine
411 Posts
If it's a coolant mix, I would have to assume the heater core. If it's just water, then rain is getting in.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is definitely a coolant mix. I thought the heater core was on the passenger side, guess not.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,470 Posts
Open the hood. Find the supply and return lines for the heater core - they stick through the firewall.

The condensate drain for the A/C evaporator sump may also be clogged. Rubber flapper/elbow down at the turn of the firewall to the body pan, sort of toward the passenger side.

----------

chucky713 - Your question has been moved to its own thread in this forum.

·
Registered
2009 STS
65 Posts
Found flooded drivers side floor board, cleaned it up, added water to full level and put radiator cap on loose. Car ran fine, never over heated got me to work and back fine. Car ran fine the next day to work and back, no more leaking. Just went out to go to dinner and the floorboard is flooded again.
Anybody ever run into this before? Any ideas what it could be? Is heater core on drivers side?

2006 DTS Base
Yes this is a known issue with the Northstar engines I can't believe gm still didn't fix this yet. Are you still under your Cadillac powertrain warranty?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,470 Posts
What does a Northstar engine have to do with either HVAC condensate drains or a leaking heater core ???????

The car is a 2006 - what warranty ????

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is definitely antifreeze. Has anyone had a heater core replaced? I assume it is costly. I was hoping the heater core was on the passenger side and this might be something else. I have an appointment Tuesday morning at the dealer, I will let you all know the outcome.

·
Registered
746 Posts
To replace the heater core you have to remove the dash, Recover the A/C Refrigerant.
Then remove the HVAC module assembly. The heater core is a little right from center.

Chilton’s time 7.5 hours labor $135.00 for the heater core.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was the heater core, they told me 10 hours labor plus heater core. Hopefully getting it back today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts