Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the doors that have the button on the inside door panel and the outside has this kind of handle that you stick your hand and pull the door. Well both of them are not working properly so I use latch inside the trunk to open up the door. Lately the alarm has been going off when I pull the latch to open up the door. Now the car won't start because the anti theft lock the car from starting.and the stabailizer light comes on. Sometimes when I move the battery cable it will start but cut off and it says that the anti theft lock is on and won't start. Is there any way to reset the system or what should I do. The battery seems like it is dead but the lights will come on and the dash will light up but won't start.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,520 Posts
Welcome. Does your coupe key fob open your doors? When was the last time you change the fob battery? f you have a weak battery, the car won't recognize you and will not unlock. Walking up to our cars with a weak key fob, is like walking up without a key. Our cars lock/unlock by proximity. AND, if/when you get in, it may not start because the car doesn't read your key fob. It's just doing it's job. When you pull on it and the alarm goes off...it's just doing its job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can anyone help me with some advice to get it back to working. My only vehicle and needs my transportation
Welcome. Does your coupe key fob open your doors? When was the last time you change the fob battery? f you have a weak battery, the car won't recognize you and will not unlock. Walking up to our cars with a weak key fob, is like walking up without a key. Our cars lock/unlock by proximity. AND, if/when you get in, it may not start because the car doesn't read your key fob. It's just doing it's job. When you pull on it and the alarm goes off...it's just doing its job.
No the key fob just open the trunk and unlock the doors. I have a fake key in the ignition switch that don't come out.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Oh ok. I didn't know you had a switch. I don't have ignition key. Just a turn switch. (try to give us more tech info) does your "fake" key have a chip in it?

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
7,698 Posts
The OP has "keyless" ignition, if I'm correctly deciphering the previous posts.
If your doors are not working properly and the car is not starting, you either have a battery that needs replacement or a security issue.
I would begin by having the vehicle battery load tested. If it fails, it's time for a replacement.
Generally speaking, a weak battery will cause your vehicle to act wonky ( doors not responding, lights, but no start, etc.).

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The OP has "keyless" ignition, if I'm correctly deciphering the previous posts.
If your doors are not working properly and the car is not starting, you either have a battery that needs replacement or a security issue.
I would begin by having the vehicle battery load tested. If it fails, it's time for a replacement.
Generally speaking, a weak battery will cause your vehicle to act wonky ( doors not responding, lights, but no start, etc.).
"I have a fake key in the ignition switch that don't come out." This has me confused... :unsure:

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
1,928 Posts
Keyless ignition.
Use your inner Rosetta Stone.
I was trying to respond a while ago, but the forum came up with gears turning as it has on several occasions, I think it has a timing chain problem. I have to say that is insightful of you, but at the same time, context, context, context. The system has a name; keyless entry, so when a term like "Fake key" and "Anti theft system..." is used, I take it at face value, because there is such a thing and I've had friends who have used them (I think they're all in jail now). When I read a little slower and look at the screen name, I can see where it might be Borat from Kazakhstan using slang to describe it.

I see your point, but I don't think Rosetta would catch it.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
i got the same thing with the forum maintenance ⚙ turning. I guess he was talking about the whatchamacallit....

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
7,698 Posts
Well, guys- If your inner Rosetta Stone needs recalibration, does it help to know that all coupes had keyless ignition?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Well, guys- If your inner Rosetta Stone needs recalibration, does it help to know that all coupes had keyless ignition?
yea it does...my brain hurts...thats not good on Fridays. You know what that means Long...🍻

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
1,928 Posts
I guess, but if the car is in Kazakhastan, a real fake key might very well be involved. I was over powered by my literal sense I guess. Whatever the case, hope the fix turns out to be a lot less complicated than it sounds like it will be. The security systems are like 2yr olds, they don't talk an awful lot, much of what they say can't be understood and they don't cooperate very well.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Is the OP still here??? :unsure:

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,301 Posts
"Fake Key"...I prefer "Romper Room Key" as that huge hunk of plastic is similar to a set of plastic keys a toddler may play with. wcthunder correctly pointed out it's the Ignition Control Knob. A waste management professional must have come up with that name for it.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Then everyone eles were using "push" on/off button. grrrrr...i guess i''ll enjoy it with my CD player! 😢

1 - 20 of 23 Posts