Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS V6, Pearl White
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I replace and better where do I get a replacement unit? The antenna appears to be pulled out of the base, no threaded nipple. Thanks

·
Registered
2005 STS V6, Pearl White
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is not the fish fin but had a staff. The staff is gone!

K

·
0 Posts
If the staff is gone I would guess you need a new unit including the base. We have a member here who replaced his with a shark fin and if I remember correctly, posted instructions including pictures. Search the board.

·
Registered
08 STS-4 N* 1SG, 08 DTS Luxury II, 04 Bonneville GXP N*
3,215 Posts
The mast is available from GM as a separate item. Contact your dealer or Chris at Rippy Cadillac here on the forum. You can also upgrade to the 2009+ style antenna but it's quite a bit more work and costly than just the mast.

----------

There are two styles. One is held on with two Torx screws and the other is a twist-on. They range between about $20 and $25 depending on vendor. Keep in mind that the mast is only for OnStar voice communications. The OnStar GPS and XM antennas are contained in the base assembly attached to the roof. Your biggest concern is moisture getting in and causing corrosion and damage, otherwise if you don't use OnStar your problem is primarily cosmetic.

·
Registered
2005 STS V6, Pearl White
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice, I don't use on star. I will seal the whole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts