Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS4 Coupe 3.6 AWD Diamond White
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little "shark fin" antenna is pried back slightly, so that it is not flush with the roof at the front edge. Maybe car wash damage, but I don't know. It was like that when I bought the car last fall.

I'm trying to determine if I can fix it. Maybe someone here has experience.

Pushing down on it to try to bend it into shape won't work. All that will do is deflect the sheet metal on the roof. Unless, perhaps I support the roof from underneath, by positioning something up against the headliner at the right spot, and then push down from above. I think that might be an unlikely fix.

I think the best (correct) way to handle it might be to pull back the headliner, so that I can access the screws/bolts to disassemble it, then straighten the bracket and re-install. However, that seems drastic. It might be more work and hassle than its worth, or I'll make a mess of the headliner and trim and end up worse off than I started.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
If you remove the rear overhead console and disconnect the wires you get access to the antenna mounting bolts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,181 Posts
If you remove the rear overhead console and disconnect the wires you get access to the antenna mounting bolts...
...unless you have a wagon.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,181 Posts
If this wagon's a rockin...

·
Premium Member
'11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package
1,547 Posts
What wrong wit you, boy?You ain't never heard 'o DUCT TAPE?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts