Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,088 Posts
If you don't have a DVM and don't want to buy one, I bet your local rent-a-center may have one to rent for a few bux. Or, borrow one from a friend. Or, try your local Autozone or Napa autoparts store. They may loan or rent you one.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Run the PCM switch test. See page 6E-5 in the FSM. The Throttle Switch is part of the ISC (see "E.7.2 Throttle Switch" on same page).

FYI, see "TPS Adjustment" in section Page 6E-C2-16.

If you're sure that the ISC is ok (sounds like you are), then replacing the TPS may be in order; however, according to the FSM, it could be bad contacts, a short, an open, or a bad PCM.

Did you go through the entire fault tree on Page 6E-A-63?

You mention that the FSM says to use some sort of test harness. You may have read that wrong. I think the part you're referring to says:

- TPS Disconnected
- connect a voltmeter ........ in TPS harness connector

I think they're saying, "connect a voltmeter bewteen Pin B and Pin C in the TPS harness", not some separate test harness.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Yah, I got the 92/93 Deville FSM. I wonder if we have two different printings. Hmmmm.....

Sorry, I'm at a loss what to do next.

When I tested it, it was such a long time ago, I forgot exactly what I did. I just followed the manual. I don't recall using a jumper harness.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
If you get tired of troubleshooting this, you might want to try getting a TPS and ISC from the junkyard and just swapping it out. I think the TPS costs $70 new. I dunno about the ISC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.