Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a second (used) remote for my car. I found the following procedure on caddyinfo.com:

Reprogramming Transmitter

1. Ignition ON.
2. Ground black single wire connector located at trunk pull down unit.
3. Wait for door locks to lock and unlock [a few seconds]
4. Press the UNLOCK button on the first transmitter twice. Pause for one second between presses.
5. Wait for door locks to lock and unlock. [a couple of seconds]
6. Press the UNLOCK button on the second transmitter twice. Pause for one second between presses.
7. Wait for door locks to lock and unlock. About two seconds.
8. Remove ground from black connector.
After procedure, check to see if both transmitters operate the door locks. Repeat programming procedure or replace transmitters as necessary.

Note: Before starting this procedure, BOTH transmitters must be present. Failure to use both transmitters will render the RKE system inoperative.(If the customer uses only one transmitter on the vehicle, use this transmitter as transmitter 1 and 2; which is not the normal situation). The entire reprogramming sequence must be completed within 30 seconds of grounding the reprogramming connector [Step 1 and 2 below]. If the procedure is not completed, remove the ground at the connector and restart the procedure from step [1] one.

My question: Which wire am I grounding? Something inside the trunklid? or something down inside the trunk pulldown unit? The only OBVIOUS wire I can see is the one up in the trunklid - but I don't want to go and ground it if it is not the correct wire..

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,084 Posts
Jeff-You have to remove the trim around the deck lid pull-down motor. You will find a black wire with a black plastic connector not plugged into anything. This is the wire that you need to ground. You can tell pretty quickly if you have the right wire--sparks will be flying if it's the wrong one! :) just kidding--Once you do ground the wire, the door locks will cycle and then you know it's the right wire. Then, just follow the instructions. Let us know if you have any more problems.

Max

1 - 3 of 3 Posts