Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS, 2011 CTS Coupe
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed chrome 18's from a escalade for sale, If i thinner low profile tires would this look nice? would these even fit? has anyone done this before? Like, i wanted chrome rims.... but not 20's... and i also wanted to keep the Cadillac LOGO on the rims, so this would be perfect... what should i offer him?

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/pts/2326369551.html

Please LMK anything you can! thanks

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
this is a joke right? you do realize that the Escalade has 6 lugs and your CTS only has 5...

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
You shouldn't offer him jack unless you are buying those for an Escalade.

·
Registered
2003 CTS, 2011 CTS Coupe
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im very sorry if i offended you guys! I always loved cadillacs and finally got a CTS! The rims i listed look nice! i didnt realize the bolt thing?? I guess they wont fit then right? Well im looking for decent priced chrome 18's... is there any stock cadillac rims that size that will fit? I am a Store Manager for FinishLine (Shoe store) so i can tell you everything about shoes.... just not cars! Please help me out!

·
Registered
2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
1,017 Posts
the newer sts 18 look really nice on the cts if your looking for a stock look, and besides they were shared on later cts's so its a direct fit

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
First gen CTS uses 115 mm lug pattern.

08 and newer CTS uses 120 mm lug pattern.

Try before you buy. Also have a tire shop spin the wheels for "straight and true."

Don't forget to check the wheels carefully for cracks, welding, etc. Too many good wheels out there to spend $$ on 'repaired' wheels.

BTW. you will locate polished alum 18" caddy rims on craigslist for about $75 each with cap. Keep in mind that wheels and the doors are the hardest parts of any car to sell. With any luck, you can find a nice set of 18s with 'newish' tires for $300 to $500. I do it all the time. It provides me with nice beer and pizza money.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
im very sorry if i offended you guys! I always loved cadillacs and finally got a CTS! The rims i listed look nice! i didnt realize the bolt thing?? I guess they wont fit then right? Well im looking for decent priced chrome 18's... is there any stock cadillac rims that size that will fit? I am a Store Manager for FinishLine (Shoe store) so i can tell you everything about shoes.... just not cars! Please help me out!
not offended bro, just hard to believe some of the questions people ask. but it is all good, at one point in time everybody here didn't know much about cars. but that is why we help each other.

as far as stock 18s, there are a few out there just for an idea check out www.lawheel.com or something very similar to that...just know that you need a 5 x 115 bolt pattern for no matter what size you pick...

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
not offended bro, just hard to believe some of the questions people ask. but it is all good, at one point in time everybody here didn't know much about cars. but that is why we help each other.
not true, i was born with the build specs and repair manuals for every car for the next 75 yrs....except toyota, i want nothing to do with toyota.

you dont have to get oem rims to have a nice look on the car, most people buy bigger rims for the cts because contrary to popular belief, it actually rides great on 20"rims. 22s is another story, but it seems like most the 2nd gen cts guys are going with 22s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts