Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi its me again...a quick question..i have a 95 cadi. seville..its got 111,000 miles on it i just put 700.00 in it last week got the 100,000 mile tune up, water pump belt broke. now got that all done and it runs great. i went out of town in it yesturday and had the ac on and all of a sudden i started smelling something burning bad and smoke was comeing out of the vents, i have been hearing the fan kinda roaring for a week now. is this the fan out? or what? this is begining to p*** me off cause i just put all this money in this car. what does this sound like with the ac now? everything else on the readings were ok like the water level etc. just the ac boy did it stink and smoked just a few. wow what now.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
little tx said:
hi its me again...a quick question..i have a 95 cadi. seville..its got 111,000 miles on it i just put 700.00 in it last week got the 100,000 mile tune up, water pump belt broke. now got that all done and it runs great. i went out of town in it yesturday and had the ac on and all of a sudden i started smelling something burning bad and smoke was comeing out of the vents, i have been hearing the fan kinda roaring for a week now. is this the fan out? or what? this is begining to p*** me off cause i just put all this money in this car. what does this sound like with the ac now? everything else on the readings were ok like the water level etc. just the ac boy did it stink and smoked just a few. wow what now.
I dont know why there would be smoke necessarily, but its totally possible it could be your fan with the noise your describing. This exact same noise occured on a friends old 93 GMC Jimmy when his blower fan lost all of its "teeth" essentially. It made a horrible roaring noise and barely any if no air would escape the vents. I cant exactly explain the smoke though.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I will agree with the blower motor..... Sounds like its self-destructing.... :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts