Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys,

I just picked up my 2003 non-nav CTS about 2 months ago. I have been looking at coverting my non-nav to a full nav. my question is. will a Nav unit from 04-06 CTS work on a 03 CTS?? I looked at the FAQ and doesnt really say i can do it. I know you guys are very fast in responding so i'll be waiting. Also i tried the asked the dealer about it, and they have no clue. they could even tell me the part number for the 03 nav unit.

by the way guys, i got the CTS for only $23,000 with 35k . it was $41,000 when it was 1st sold. i got it almost half off. it can with dual exhaust, spoiler, custom grille, 20" tires and chrome rims, wood trim and the Voolant intake.

another update. I found a site that has 3 Nav units for the CTS for $350 in perfect working condition. My brother is trying to get me one for christmas but if he doesnt i'm gonna get it right after. I may even buy the other 2. i know everyone is looking for a Nav. i'll keep you guys posted

·
Registered
292 Posts
Nice buy.

Any cts nav will work.

If you have a pewter dash, and you want a matching navigation unit, look for a cd-rom based nav (early '03). If you have a black dash look for a dvd based nav...they are black ('04-'05). The newest navs that come in the '06 have wood trim on the faceplates.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do the Nav unit just plug and play? Is there a harnesss just waiting there for it. I guess the whole middle dash area (stack?)has to be swapped out?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i looked at the FAQ and what are the components of there nav system. gm parts shows. Antenna ,Antenna cable, Control Module, Dislay Unit, and Receiver. Do i need all these with a non-Nav CTS?? or is everything inside the Nav Unit, except for the antenna???

·
Registered
292 Posts
other then the unit...you will need the gps antenna, some wires and connectors (listed on the FAQ). Depends on if you have Bose, or Non-bose system in your car to begin with. Phase 1 is pretty easy if thats all you care to do.

As for these other units for $350? Are they DVD or CD-ROM units? I would appreciate it if you would share any info. My unit has a damaged 6-disc changer, and they want $450 alone just to repair it. If I could pick up a new unit for less that that I would be in heaven.
my email is [email protected]

I woudl also sugesstion you check them out thoroughly before purchasing all of them. To make sure they are indeed the genuine thing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shaft said:
other then the unit...you will need the gps antenna, some wires and connectors (listed on the FAQ). Depends on if you have Bose, or Non-bose system in your car to begin with. Phase 1 is pretty easy if thats all you care to do.

As for these other units for $350? Are they DVD or CD-ROM units? I would appreciate it if you would share any info. My unit has a damaged 6-disc changer, and they want $450 alone just to repair it. If I could pick up a new unit for less that that I would be in heaven.
my email is [email protected]

I woudl also sugesstion you check them out thoroughly before purchasing all of them. To make sure they are indeed the genuine thing.

I have a non-bose system so i guess no voice commands for me.

not really sure, the guy told me CD-ROM but he said they had the black face plate. I remember reading somewhere that the black face plate are on the 04-05 and the 03 had to woodgrain face plate. there are not new but are from a salvage yard. here's what they show

AVEC-Radio-ICDX-cassette-6 Disc CD player-Nav-CDROM "U2V"

hope that helps

·
Registered
129 Posts
Magic_CTS said:
I have a non-bose system so i guess no voice commands for me.

not really sure, the guy told me CD-ROM but he said they had the black face plate. I remember reading somewhere that the black face plate are on the 04-05 and the 03 had to woodgrain face plate. there are not new but are from a salvage yard. here's what they show

AVEC-Radio-ICDX-cassette-6 Disc CD player-Nav-CDROM "U2V"

hope that helps
Light color beige on early '03; Black on mid '03, '04; wood grain on '05, '06.
If it's cd-rom then it probably is early '03.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Early '03 is pewter and cd-rom based. That is what I have now.
I would like to know what the last three characters in the description are for...ive seen:

AVEC-Radio-ICDX-cassette-6 disc CD player-NAV-CDROM "U2V"
AVEC-Radio-ICDX-cassette-6 disc CD player-PC-NAV-CDROM "U2T"
AVEC-Radio-ICDX-cassette-6 disc CD player-NAV-CDROM-TV "U2Y"

Id really hate to pick one up that doesnt have the clock in the corner.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
shaft said:
Early '03 is pewter and cd-rom based. That is what I have now.
I would like to know what the last three characters in the description are for...ive seen:
AVEC-Radio-ICDX-cassette-6 disc CD player-NAV-CDROM "U2V"
AVEC-Radio-ICDX-cassette-6 disc CD player-PC-NAV-CDROM "U2T"
AVEC-Radio-ICDX-cassette-6 disc CD player-NAV-CDROM-TV "U2Y"
Id really hate to pick one up that doesnt have the clock in the corner.
shaft, are those last 3 characaters in the model number??

If so, those 3 you listed are all for a 2003 CTS CD ROM navigation???

·
Registered
292 Posts
This are 3 common descriptions for the cd-rom navs listed at salvage yards.
I looked all over my unit for those characters and couldent find them.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Those are the three digit production option numbers or RPO's. They're typically listed only on the cars build sheet (a copy is on a sticker under the spare tire cover). For instance FE3 is the sport suspension, G80 is limited slip, etc. They likely won't be listed on the actual part.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts