Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "Change Oil Soon" alert came on Sunday and the five year recommended coolant change is a little overdue.Today I received by mail a notice from the local dealership offering a synthetic oil change for $59.95 and a coolant system service with Dexcool for $99.95.Plus a $20 mail in rebate.Appointment scheduled for 9:30 Thursday morning.This is how it has been with this car the entire time we've owned it.Maybe the least costly SRX to operate ever made.I think it has something to do with karma.The day we bought this car the first dealership we visited had two driveways off the highway.In one a black woman was struggling to load a newspaper wrapped dead dog into the trunk of her old Toyota car.Two salesmen on the lot were watching her with arms folded and seemed amused at the efforts of the lady.We pulled into the other driveway and drove across the lot.I got out and assisted the woman by holding the dog while she opened the trunk and told me about the dog being the family pet and how devastated her children would be to learn of its being run over.When that was done I went over to the salesmen to ask about a SRX.One left the other started a weird sort of dance to avoid shaking hands.The staple of a salesman is the hearty hand clasp and direct look in the eye.He could not do either to a man that had touched a dead dog and had witnessed him failing to aid a lady in distress and laughing at her situation.We went on up the road and found a SRX for much less than we expected to pay.And it has been a little bit better than perfect so far.

·
Registered
('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD
1,049 Posts
Boley, you are posting WAY too often! Joined 8/2007 and your 1st post is today-2/2013. You're on a roll. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts