Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I haven't had this many races in forever. I guess the Trans Am use to scare people off...plus the "EATS C5S" plates I had on there didn't help I'm sure. ;)

So last night, I'm coming up the road to my house when in my rear view I see a yellow C6 weaving up through traffic slowly. Eventually, he makes it up behind me. I downshift and aggresively go around the remaining traffic...he follows suit. :bouncy:

He's behind me as we are sitting at the light. I leave the line quickly, just enough for him to know that I DO want to run, but no smoky tires. I let up to let him get next to me. He cuts to the right lane as he is accelerating and as soon as he gets to about my rear door, I nail it again in 2nd now. Soon we are equal, and as I flat foot shift third I jump forward a foot or so. As I get into the top of third, I'm barely inching away from him. I slam 4th and by now he is back by about a half a car to a car. We finally slam on the binders for the next light and he pulls up and gives me the thumbs up and I return it. It was a Z51 by looking at the brakes. VERY nice car.

Back to the important part. I am VERY, VERY happy with my car, my Stealth Tune which was AWESOME, and my Lingenfelter Intake. That stealth made my car pull muuuuch harder from 3-7k rpm.

C6's = 0
V = 1

Its kinda nice to think the only cars I lost to were an E55, a 996 Porsche Turbo, a modded Cobra, and a modded 03 Z06. Everything else is childs play. ;)

-Ladis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
L.Sanchez said:
First, I haven't had this many races in forever. I guess the Trans Am use to scare people off...plus the "EATS C5S" plates I had on there didn't help I'm sure. ;)

So last night, I'm coming up the road to my house when in my rear view I see a yellow C6 weaving up through traffic slowly. Eventually, he makes it up behind me. I downshift and aggresively go around the remaining traffic...he follows suit. :bouncy:

He's behind me as we are sitting at the light. I leave the line quickly, just enough for him to know that I DO want to run, but no smoky tires. I let up to let him get next to me. He cuts to the right lane as he is accelerating and as soon as he gets to about my rear door, I nail it again in 2nd now. Soon we are equal, and as I flat foot shift third I jump forward a foot or so. As I get into the top of third, I'm barely inching away from him. I slam 4th and by now he is back by about a half a car to a car. We finally slam on the binders for the next light and he pulls up and gives me the thumbs up and I return it. It was a Z51 by looking at the brakes. VERY nice car.

Back to the important part. I am VERY, VERY happy with my car, my Stealth Tune which was AWESOME, and my Lingenfelter Intake. That stealth made my car pull muuuuch harder from 3-7k rpm.

C6's = 0
V = 1

Its kinda nice to think the only cars I lost to were an E55, a 996 Porsche Turbo, a modded Cobra, and a modded 03 Z06. Everything else is childs play. ;)

-Ladis



NO kidding?? a C6 Vette? wow. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
L.Sanchez said:
First, I haven't had this many races in forever. I guess the Trans Am use to scare people off...plus the "EATS C5S" plates I had on there didn't help I'm sure. ;)

So last night, I'm coming up the road to my house when in my rear view I see a yellow C6 weaving up through traffic slowly. Eventually, he makes it up behind me. I downshift and aggresively go around the remaining traffic...he follows suit. :bouncy:

He's behind me as we are sitting at the light. I leave the line quickly, just enough for him to know that I DO want to run, but no smoky tires. I let up to let him get next to me. He cuts to the right lane as he is accelerating and as soon as he gets to about my rear door, I nail it again in 2nd now. Soon we are equal, and as I flat foot shift third I jump forward a foot or so. As I get into the top of third, I'm barely inching away from him. I slam 4th and by now he is back by about a half a car to a car. We finally slam on the binders for the next light and he pulls up and gives me the thumbs up and I return it. It was a Z51 by looking at the brakes. VERY nice car.

Back to the important part. I am VERY, VERY happy with my car, my Stealth Tune which was AWESOME, and my Lingenfelter Intake. That stealth made my car pull muuuuch harder from 3-7k rpm.

C6's = 0
V = 1

Its kinda nice to think the only cars I lost to were an E55, a 996 Porsche Turbo, a modded Cobra, and a modded 03 Z06. Everything else is childs play. ;)

-Ladis

NIce to see you were wearing your driving shoes dawg.....to bad the C6 driver wasn't. Just another person that doesn't deserve to drive a vette.

Good job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My exact reaction. :bulging:

Trust me, when I got home, my girlfriend was very pleased thanks to the added adrenaline rush and excitement it gave me.:lildevil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
L.Sanchez said:
Coulda been an auto???

regardless... the car(the vette) is a quicker, lighter package, no matter what. A CTS-V,.....honestly,...would need to have a blower to be quicker then a C6. Or atleast 420 or more(in most cases more) rear wheel horsepower,...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
L.Sanchez said:
are you supercharged or anything besides the intake and tune?

I can't see it man! My brother has a C6 and there is no way in hell a V could touch it unless we were supercharged or other major work. by the time i hit 3rd gear he (bro in C6) was just leaving 2nd at like 80+mph


regardless....GoOD KILLL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,189 Posts
I whipped a C6 stick a few months back, the driver wasn't great with the stick or it would've been the other way around. The C6 Auto is a point it and floor it operation, as close to idiot proof as a car gets.

I BEAT A C6 TO!

Good job!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
koop said:
I whipped a C6 stick a few months back, the driver wasn't great with the stick or it would've been the other way around. The C6 Auto is a point it and floor it operation, as close to idiot proof as a car gets.

I BEAT A C6 TO!

Good job!
maybe my V is just slow, who knows!...i don't think it's me im an ok driver! a good amount of drags under my belt!

It's just ridiculous how fast and hard the C6 pulls on my V. I even did a high speed run from 80.....it was ok until we hit 140 then the vette flew by me like i was standing still!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
heavymetals said:
Well, the C6 that thought he could beat me was in for a suprise:eek:

He met "maggie".

Wouldn't even look over or give a thumbs up or anything when he caught up with me.

:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

with ALL honesty....you guys should be neck and neck. It would come down to a driver's race.

Been there, done that. I've raced magnacharged V's from a dig, a roll,...you pick the MPH(very high mph's as well),...we've done it. C6, and C5.
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Aerodynamics play a big role at higher speeds when comparing the C6 & V. I had a C6 come flying up on me doing 30-50 MPH when I was cruising at 90. I hit 4th, then 5th when the tack was a few RPMs off redline and the car stopped accelerating...160+...shifted into 6th...damn speed limiters. The C6 never caught me until I returned to 90 honking his horn with his wife waving. I about drove off the road laughing. :)

Sounds like your race was a driver's race...and you won! Can't imagine what the C6 was feeling.

Norm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,440 Posts
I've been lurking on the C6 forums and occassionally posting. There are several owners lamenting 13.5 to 13.7 1/4 mile times. Is it the driver? Probably. Want to hang with 'em? Get a CAI, Headers, BB X-pipe and a tune. Want to beat 'em? Get the Maggie.

BTW - Damian, time to talk. :lildevil: :lildevil: :lildevil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, within local group and on the western forum of LS1.com, I'm known for my shifting. I've raced other peoples cars and usually can best thier time. My shifts are fast and violent. :)

In my experience, I've been able to beat other cars and drivers based only on my driving ability. I'd admit, drivers being equal, he shoulda beat me. But, drivers aren't here. :sneaky:

I still won. To the nay-sayers, care to line-up?? :yup:

And, no power adders...just the Stealth Tune, Lingenfelter, and about 5000 miles now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
L.Sanchez said:
Well, within local group and on the western forum of LS1.com, I'm known for my shifting. I've raced other peoples cars and usually can best thier time. My shifts are fast and violent. :)

In my experience, I've been able to beat other cars and drivers based only on my driving ability. I'd admit, drivers being equal, he shoulda beat me. But, drivers aren't here. :sneaky:

I still won. To the nay-sayers, care to line-up?? :yup:

And, no power adders...just the Stealth Tune, Lingenfelter, and about 5000 miles now.

It's kinda stupid to say this, since there is soo much distance in between states but.....I'll race YOU,..or ANY CADILLAC on this forum.

Anytime, anyday.

Again,....mario,...nobody's was saying you didn't do it,...matter of fact, great job,....it's just too bad, that there was a chump in the vette,....thats all.

Again,..anytime, anyplace. I went 12.58 with a couple of easy bolts...on street tires. More power has already been added.... 3800lb cars,..are 3800lbs cars.

J-dawg
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
17 Participants
V-seriesTech
Top