Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already tried seaching for threads about this issue but haven't been very sucessful. My new-to-me '01 SLS only came with one key and no remotes. I would like to have working keyless remotes but don't if I can just buy them and program them to my car. I've pulled a bunch of the carpet out of the trunk and have not been able to find the RKE module. Or any connectors with 2 purple, 1 orange, and 1 black wire. I pulled the tray that has a few other modules, but it's not there. And my trunk area looks different than those in all the pictures I've found.

So, am I looking for the wrong description? Wrong location? Does my car simply not have that option? According to the RPO, it does not...

If that is in fact the case, what would it take to add it?

·
Registered
99 STS, White Diamond
792 Posts
The RKE module is in the roof of the trunk very near the trunk light and it is in EVERY Seville--not an option.

I must ask why you're pulling carpet and wires to find the module when you have no remotes?

Remotes are cheap on ebay and reasonable new. The remotes MUST however be programmed using a Tech II. No other way.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Yea remotes are 20$ at the MOST and then they just need to be programmed with a tech II for about 30$ so you in 50$ for keyless entry/ trunk pop and gas pop, plus it arms the alarm each time it locks the car

·
Registered
2001 SLS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is an RPO code for keyless entry, my car does not have that code. So I went to find the module, it only takes a few minutes to pull carpet, as every thing I've come across said the module should be where I looked. Found numerous threads, with pictures, saying that if you're not sure if your car has keyless to look for the module. I'm not going to spend money on a remote until I know that it will work with my car. I'm not taking that gamble.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,777 Posts
You have remote.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Every cadillac 2000+ has remote entry, so you have it unless someone or the dealer removed it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts