Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read most all the question and responses to the interior lighting issue but none are similar to mine.
I purchased the Deville, 1998, a few days ago. The owner told me he was making a trip back from out of state and had the cigarette lighter overloaded with accessories. The circuit stopped working.
He claimed to have checked all the fuses and found none bad.
He told me that none of the interior lights work, none of the cigarette lighters work and strangely, the cruise control stopped working all at the same time.
I have checked behind him and all the fuses are good.
I tracked down the circuit through the owners manual and see all are in the inadvert fuse except the cruise.
Previous responses come down to replacement of the PZM
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Doubt pzm is the issue first off. You do know th e interior lights will not come on when open the door during the day. They should come on if you turn on manual or cover light sensor on dash. Second i had issue with lights not coming on when they should and it was pzm issue, they only came on when door was shut. There is a Tsb about it.
Did you check both fuse panels? I'd have to check the wiring diagrams in fsm to see if they have anything in common. If the inadvert wasn't working you wouldn't have any power to bunch of stuff like radio also.
If the cruise stopped may be brake light switch is bad.
When checking remember these use ground to turn things on and off not the hot so even if you have power to something the ground side may have issue.
Also have you checked your codes to see if anything related?

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium w/1SD | 1999 Deville Base (RIP @179K Miles)
404 Posts
There are two Cigarette lighter fuses, One for the front and one for the rear. They are in the engine bay fuse box. Are the fuses a Yellow 20A fuse? If the previous owner had a higher rated fuse in there, he could have damaged the PZM.

How does the cruise not work? Does the IPC at least say "Cruise Engaged" when you push the button? If so It rules out any electrical issues, and the problem with the CC would be mechanical.

If no message check if your brake lights work. Other CC wiring issues would make the IPC say "Service Electrical System" or the "ABS" Light would be on.

·
Registered
1998 Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have checked every fuse, all are good. No interior lights when it is dark, do not come on with the headlamp switch and includes vanity lights, all cigarette lighters. Everything else appears functional.
As far as the cruise, there are no indicator lights on the instrument cluster. I have not checked the brake pedal switches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts