Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got another Heater Core ?

since my issue last month and removing the cabin air filter heat seems to work ok
i still have yet to replace the cabin air filter going to do it in the spring
when i don't need to worry about heat

but with the heater core so plugged and clogged up to ne return no removing anything els in it

will it affect the way the ac works ?
like i notice it comes out colder one one side and warmer on the other
and in the summer

it comes out cooler on passenger side not so much cooler but still cool on drivers side

blend doors and all where checked out and working good as they should
so does the heater core have anything to do with this

also will a bad heater core affect anything other then just heat ?

im trying to decide weather to have this replaced when i get another junk of money

or since im going to be moving down to Florida this winter i think
and with not really needing heat down there at-least not a lot of heat
is there any point to even fix it
ones the caddy is down in FL it will not be returning to the solder norther state again if anything and i come back ill plan on getting another car for winter road trips

so is it really any point to replace the heater core ?

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
got another ? about the Heater core if anyone hear feels like chiming in with a response this time would be cool lol

well today was the first day i tried the ac out in the last 5 months
noticed its blowing colder on passenger side then it is on driver side
already know the heater core is bad and the blend doors and actuators work fine at least as of last month they did

so is the clogged heater core what is causing the ac to blow colder on one side and no so cold on the other side
or would this not affect that ?

·
Registered
2006 XJ, 2000 Eldorado ESC--total loss :(
1,180 Posts
If the dial is set to full cold the heater core will not be involved in the ac temperature. If passenger side is colder, sounds like the ac system could be slightly low on refrigerant. I'd have someone check the pressures and see if it's up to spec.

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the dial is set to full cold the heater core will not be involved in the ac temperature. If passenger side is colder, sounds like the ac system could be slightly low on refrigerant. I'd have someone check the pressures and see if it's up to spec.
ok thanks just had it recharged in Decmeber when the engine was rebuilt
this wouldn tbe caused by a ac compresor being bad i hope not if it is than im going ot just buy a new car no more money into this pit lol

·
Registered
2006 XJ, 2000 Eldorado ESC--total loss :(
1,180 Posts
Not usually a bad compressor with those symptoms. Sounds like maybe they undercharged, or there's a slight leak. Can't say without diagnostic info. I'd assume the simplest and look at the refrigerant charge 1st.

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok cool wil have mechanic chekc it out next month thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts