Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS-V , 07 EXT
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I have been trouble shooting why the drivers seat wont heat on my 07 EXT. I have read several posts, here is what I have so far.

• Only the drivers seat wont heat, bottom and back don't heat. The cooling works fine. The passenger seat heats and cools just fine.
  • The CCSM has no burnt wires and all 3 harness into it are in tight. Didnt take a pic of inside the harness but there is no burnt ground wire.
  • The climate control shows it is on but the seat isn't heating up.
  • The TED's on the drivers seat fans work (yes I took the seat and the TED apart)
  • Took the TED apart (T6 is the screw driver size), on cooling the fins get cool and the fan runs. Dose not time out.
  • When switch to heat the fins do not get warm, and fans runs for aprox 30 sec. then turns off. (maybe in fault state?)
  • When I have just the back of the heated seat on it it dose not heat up but it also dose not fault out. The fan just keeps blowing and puts out no heat.
So now Im wondering are both the TED's bad or is for some reason or the CCSM is faulting out on the driver heated seat function only?

Any one have a wiring diagram for the TED's, CCMS, Seats? This way I can see if there getting power. Pretty much it is replace the seat or the CCSM, but I would rather once replace what is broken.

Here is what has been replaced on my EXT in the past (thanks to the GM transaction history) Seat been worked on 2-3 times(doesn't say witch one) and control module (CCMS) has also been replaced. So anything is passable...

03/11/2009
ZREG----Regular Vehicle Transaction
C6840 - Driver or Passenger Seat Cushion Ventilation Heating and Cooling Blower Replacement
28,760 MI

01/13/2010
C6871 - Cover And/Or Pad, Front Seat Cushion - Left - R&R Or Replace
75,621 MI

01/13/2010
C6840 - Driver or Passenger Seat Cushion Ventilation Heating and Cooling Blower Replacement
75,621 MI

4/13/2010

C7162 - Front Seat Heater Control Module Replacement
87,548 MI

Feel free to share your ideas.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V , 07 EXT
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Back blower your referring to the TED correct.

Also another note I forgot. When I have just the back heated seat on it it dose not heat up but it also dose not fault out. The fan just keeps blowing and puts out no heat. (updated org post)

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt
365 Posts
An explanation which should help in troubleshooting:

The driver and passenger heated seats have 2 heat zone operating modes with 3 heat level modes and will operate only while the engine is running. The heat zones are determined by which of the 2 heated seat buttons are pressed, while the heat level is determined by the number of times they are pressed. Pressing the seat cushion button 1 time will activate the seat back and cushion heater elements in the high mode. Each time the seat cushion button is pressed the seat back and cushion heat level is reduced from high to medium, low, and off. Pressing the heated seat back button 1 time will activate only the seat back heater element in the high mode. Each time the seat back button is pressed the seat back heat level is reduced from high to medium, low, and off. During heated seat operation the heat zone operating mode may be changed without affecting the current heat level mode.

SWITCHES
The heated seat switches are an integrated to the HVAC control head and when a heated seat switch is pressed the active switch signal is sent to the memory seat module as a GMLAN message. The memory seat module determines the heated seat mode based on the switch messages and sends a message to the HVAC control head to display the heated seat indicators as necessary.

HEATED SEAT OPERATION
The memory seat module controls the voltage supply and the ground circuits to the seat heater elements. When a heated seat function is commanded active, the seat module will switch battery voltage to the heater element supply circuits, and ground is provided through pulse width modulation (PWM) low side drive control circuits. During heated seat operation both the seat back and cushion heater elements are supplied battery voltage. The seat module grounds the appropriate control circuits for back only or back and cushion heating modes, and opens or closes the active control circuits as necessary in order to maintain the desired seat temperature. The seat module relies on 4 independent inputs from thermistors located in the seat back and seat cushion of the driver and passenger seats to control heated seat temperatures. The thermistors are 2-wire sensors supplied with a 5-volt referenced signal circuit and a low reference circuit from the seat module. Resistance through the thermistors varies with temperature causing the heated seat sensor signal circuit voltage levels to decrease as the seat back temperatures rise. The seat modules allow heated seat operation only while the engine is running which is determined by a GMLAN serial data circuit message.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
9 Posts
i have a similar issue - my black wire and con were melted though, i replaced the con and plugged it all back - i know get a click when i turn the seat on but no heat - when i contacted the dealer they said they re-program the HSM and suggested buying a new one. I am reluctant to do this as they are spendy and it does not appear to have any visual damage. On a side note and reading the above text i have to note that my heater blowers are somehow affected as it has the same blower speed on 1-3 bar fan setting and then it blows hard on 4 until the max speed. Does anyone have any idea on the reprogram function?

·
Registered
2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
602 Posts
If you say that you hear the fan blowing with no heat output, I would remove the rear seat panel and make sure that e duct on the blower is connected to the foam. It is only held with Velcro to the foam and could come off or become mispositioned. HTH.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V , 07 EXT
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WaterKing, is that the diagram for the 07+? It looks like is is for the older escalade's with the switch on the door panel above the power window switches.

Also dose any one know if just the TED back and cushion can be replaced and what the part number is? I didn't see a GM part number when I had mine apart.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V , 07 EXT
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^So dose my mine.... will that is the right (passanger side) only since the drivers dont work at all :(

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt
365 Posts
92nsx, The diagram is for a 2007....I looked in my 2009 Helm manual and it looks about the same for that year model. In some sort of convoluted thinking GM seems to wire MANY unrelated things through the DDS and passenger door switches. In many cases, I can't even think of ONE viable reason they wired/programmed the way they did.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is an old thread but hope someone can help.

I'm needing the wiring diagram for the main connector that plugs into the heat/cool seat control module under the passenger side seat. Or a picture of one so I can double check that my wires are in the right slots. I have an 09 but any from 07 up should work..

Thanks!

·
Registered
04 CTS-V , 07 EXT
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For future searches I did finally fix my heated seat issue. It was a back rest heating/cooling/blower!. I finally got sick of having a cold [email protected]@ in the winter. First I ordered a new bottom seat blower no change. So Then since I could access the back blower fairly easy, I removed the passenger one and plugged it in to the driver’s seat and presto it was working! So I resold the bottom one I bought on ebay and bought a new back blower.

So if you think your is also acting up like mine where you have no burnt wires, 1 seat works and one doesn’t… Remove the back blower from the good seat and install it on the non-working seat. Either it will start working and you know you need to order a back one , or it still won’t work and you need to order the bottom one. Last option is order both and resell the one that you didn’t need. But there is always a change somehow both of them could be out.

The Drivers and passenger's seat uses the same units.

Bottom seat blower Part number 20987427
Back blower part number is 15232557

·
Registered
1 Posts
For future searches I did finally fix my heated seat issue. It was a back rest heating/cooling/blower!. I finally got sick of having a cold [email protected]@ in the winter. First I ordered a new bottom seat blower no change. So Then since I could access the back blower fairly easy, I removed the passenger one and plugged it in to the driver’s seat and presto it was working! So I resold the bottom one I bought on ebay and bought a new back blower.

So if you think your is also acting up like mine where you have no burnt wires, 1 seat works and one doesn’t… Remove the back blower from the good seat and install it on the non-working seat. Either it will start working and you know you need to order a back one , or it still won’t work and you need to order the bottom one. Last option is order both and resell the one that you didn’t need. But there is always a change somehow both of them could be out.

The Drivers and passenger's seat uses the same units.

Bottom seat blower Part number 20987427
Back blower part number is 15232557

I have the same exact problem as you have described it. When you removed the passenger one to test on the driver's side did you drill out the rivets that are holding it in place?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts