Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battled a G35 on the way home from work yesterday.... Toe to Toe again stop light to stop light about a qtr mile.... up to about 90-100 mph.

This is the second time Ive raced a G35 and same result... I think they probably have a stronger top end but......

·
Registered
987 Posts
TX_SS said:
was this 4door or the coupe??
By the sounds of it, it's either an 03' automatic, or a 04' awd, setting loose a coupe or the 6speed 04+'s against our CTS' is dangerous, more HP and better drivetrains

·
Banned
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coupe 6spd! This is my second battle with a G35 coupe. Same result as last time... I think the G35 has more top end...

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Dubbed Stealth said:
Coupe 6spd! This is my second battle with a G35 coupe. Same result as last time... I think the G35 has more top end...
Gold calipers? My friend has a G35 Coupe, 04 6MT...we haven't raced yet...we have this ongoing G35 v CTS battle between us....he told me that when going up against G35s, the ones with the gold calipers are the 6 speed...so I should stay away from those or get my feelings hurt....LOL

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
AsAkAs said:
never in my life have I heard or seen a G35 coupe or sedan with gold calipers, sounds like someone painted their calipers
You should look a little harder next time. They come from the factory w/gold brembo brake calipers.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My CTS is parked next to three G35 coupes every day at work and all are 6MT with the gold Brembo calipers. The alloy wheels on the G35 coupes with this package are some of the best looking factory alloys I have ever seen.

Funny think about the G35 owners...they all really like the CTS and constantly ask about it.

·
Registered
987 Posts
bladehack said:
Funny think about the G35 owners...they all really like the CTS and constantly ask about it.
That's because our cars are hot. :cool2:

but honestly, i get "props" from lexus guys and gals the most, and Beemer owners the least lol

I'll be sure to look for the gold calipers next time guys! :worship:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Dubbed Stealth said:
They only pull mid to low 14's. Quick, but him having a stick, it's easy to slow a shift or 2. Yeah, they should pull top end, but they should pull bottom end too. Just because a car has more hp, doesn't mean it has a better driver. :) Dubbed, I can't remember, you an auto or manny?

·
Registered
998 Posts
IHIeiniken said:
hey Dubbed, what kind of Rims are those? and i love the Nitto 555s, those arent no cheapos.
Dubbed has DUB big homies- freggin' has a 4"+ lip, those are "super deep-dish" in my book!

Those Nittos are awesome, and worth the money IMO.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
17 Participants
DDS rollin a CTS