Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! A complete tranny rebuild was done on subject car at a local shop known for its reliable work. After 20 minutes at 55-65 mph of driving the "SES" light came on. OBD pulled up code E39 (VCC slip). Shop found TC had been mis-marked by supplier and was replaced by correct one. Again, while roadtesting, the "SES" light came on for the same (E39) code problem, only it was a "soft code" and not a "hard code" as with the wrong TC. Further road testing indicated that the "SES" light would come on at street speeds after approx. 15 min of operation.

Since I'm a new owner of a 1992 Caddy Deville and not familar with its computerized system, I'm thinking it's got to be either an electrical related problem or transmission problem...or both. Also, I live in Phoenix where we experience more than 100 days of 100+ temperature during the summer months.

Any suggestions would be grearly appreciated. Great Forum...keep up the fine work!

Thanks/RK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Richard, I had the same problem on my 93, the supplier most shops use don't 'know' that the caddy's need a special 'locking' torque converter thats different than most 4t60-e's. when I got mine rebult, it took them three different torque converters to fix the problem (i actually burnt them). the end result of 3 months of work, was them using the incorrect tcc.. the cadillac's use a special 'heavier' torque converter. I thought it was a electrical problem myself, but 9 times outta 10 its not. if it was electrical your tranny probably woudl'nt shift at all since its all electrical..

sorry for the news, hope it helps you out,
Jason

1 - 3 of 3 Posts