Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Debut Edition finally made it to my driveway.
September 18, 2021 = Preorder
December 3, 2021 = Finalize order at Dealer
March 21, 2022 = Production starts at Springhill, Tennessee
July 9, 2022 = First production to show up at Novi, Mi dealership
Aug 24, 2022 = My Lyriq build date
Nov 16, 2022 = Took delivery

I probably don't have too much to add to what the other Debut owners have already said.
The delivery went fine. The sales guy was prepared and the paperwork didn't take too long.
He took his time reviewing all the features. Sold at MSRP.
First day impressions. Very quiet and very smooth to drive. Acceleration is fine. I punched
it on a freeway onramp and was pleased. The seats are comfortable. I never used a
"camera" rear view mirror before but I like it. It takes a little getting used to.

I am glad getting back into an EV ( had 2 Chevy Volts before )

The charging door does "jitter" a bit but now that I have the car, I won't think about it.
The second "drawer" does not open - like everyone else's.

The Lyriq was very much worth the wait 馃槑馃憤馃憤

Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

Registered

I probably don't have too much to add to what the other Debut owners have already said.
The delivery went fine. The sales guy was prepared and the paperwork didn't take too long.
First day impressions. Very quiet and very smooth to drive. Acceleration is fine. I punched
it on a freeway onramp and was pleased. The seats are comfortable. I never used a
"camera" rear view mirror before but I like it. It takes a little getting used to.

The charging door does "jitter" a bit but now that I have the car, I won't think about it.

View attachment 627247
Congrats on the Delivery, it looks stunning

Registered
LYRIQ Debut Edition (22",SatnStl,SkyCool)
Congrats! It's really nice to see these deliveries. I know you don't think you have much to add but I disagree with that. ;) I have something you can check for me.
We know that the front USB ports support media files. I'm curious as to whether Cadillac allows media files from multiple storage devices at the same time either plugged into different ports or using a device that supports multiple storage devices.

Registered

View attachment 627247
Congratulations!!!! Excellent picture also.

Registered
I guess I don't understand the wheel design and have never owned wheels with inserts. Are inserts a means of reducing aerodynamic drag without the weight of using metal via the design of the wheel itself? Is it because the casting & machining process isn't compatible with the shapes they're trying to achieve with the inserts (e.g. little to no draft angle)? A cost saving measure? Something else?

Registered
I guess I don't understand the wheel design and have never owned wheels with inserts. Are inserts a means of reducing aerodynamic drag without the weight of using metal via the design of the wheel itself? Is it because the casting & machining process isn't compatible with the shapes they're trying to achieve with the inserts (e.g. little to no draft angle)? A cost saving measure? Something else?
They are for improved aero while allowing the user the choice to have the better looking rim available. Tesla, Lucid and Rivian do this as well on some of the rim options.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats! It's really nice to see these deliveries. I know you don't think you have much to add but I disagree with that. ;) I have something you can check for me.
We know that the front USB ports support media files. I'm curious as to whether Cadillac allows media files from multiple storage devices at the same time either plugged into different ports or using a device that supports multiple storage devices.
I had an older multi-media device ( USB-A ) that could read a CF card and SD card. I put in a CF card and SD card at the same time .... put a USB A to C adaptor and then plugged into my computer. It didn't read both at the same time.
Sometime could be wrong with the device. So then I found two brand new 32 gig USB-A storage devices. I put on both MP4 and MP3 music files. With a USB A-C adaptor, I plugged them into the each of the three USB C slots in the car. When I select USB on the screen.....nothing comes up.

I'm thinking to re-initiialize the USB drives and try again.....later tonight

1 - 20 of 47 Posts