Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
03 luxury CTS
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOo, I take my CTS in to FREEWAY Cadillac yesterday to have the oil and cabin filter changed and also, have the ECU updated to steady my idle. I have an 03 with 38K on it. I purchased it with 25K on it and had the 15K service performed on it at 30K miles since I really didn't know what had previously been done to it. I dropped the car off at 8 am and at 3:30pm i decide to find out what's going on with my car, the service rep tells me oh, he tore the filter taking it out and is trying to remove it from the intake.:eek: but, it'll be done soon. So, I wait until 5:30 to call back (since I still hadn't heard back) and she tells me oh, I think you're gonna have to pick up the car tomorrow morning because he has it still all torn apart. :thepan: I said fine, I get it tomorrow. Then next day, still no call at 12:30, so I have a friend take me to the FREEWAY to see what was going on. My car was just sitting in the parking lot. I asked my service rep if it was done and she said he got the filter fixed but, he hadn't changed the oil yet and as for the idle he could see what i was talking about and that maybe i should have the injectors cleaned for another $127 since it was part of the 30K service that I declined. I asked wasn't cleaning the injectors part of the 15K service i had and she said yes. So, I said well if I just had that done 8K mile ago, why would I need to do it again? :tisk:needless to say my car wasn't done until 5:30 today, and when I asked if he even tried to updat the ECU she said no. so, there's no way to fix the rough idle? I asked. No, your car has all the updates possible already on it, she replied. I read the invoice and the tech put on the sheet"customer requested idle increase for rough idle, engine sounds good...no service required" :rant2:all I could do was shake my head and walk out. I used to love cadillacs but, the service some dealers give just isn't worth it. I'm moving overseas in a couple of months and I can't take it. Love the car, but I'm selling it, can't take the lack of customer support anymore. :want:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts