Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lexus Earns 4th Consecutive J.D. Power and Associates Dependability Award
Lexus has proudly claimed its fourth consecutive J.D. Power and Associates Dependability Award. The award names Lexus as the most dependable automotive brand after three years of ownership. Lexus’ parent company, Toyota, also ranked in the top five most dependable brands.

I am a happy 2015 Escalade Platinum owner with about 2K miles and 2 months of ownership.
I have bene reading about so many 2015 Escalade owners having problems.
Most of us have little or no problems, but that doesn't get much air time.

I had owned many American cars in the past but was tired of all the poor quality, reliability and dependability, so I bought a few Subarus which were very dependable and then a Toyota minivan. this was my most dependable car I have ever owned.
My 2005 Toyota Sienna AWD XLE LIMITED also had AWD, Leather everywhere and Adaptive Cruise Control using LASERS.
Car magazines were saying at the time if Lexus made a minivan, the model I selected would be it.
My Toyota was about 8 years old and we started considering getting a new car in the next two years.
no rush as my Toyota was very dependable and reliable even on long trips like one we good from Key West to NYC and back with 6 adults.

Two years ago I started looking at cars.
The 2013 Escalade was old and dated in many of its features.
The 2013 Acura was too small.
I tried the 2013 Lexus was a little bigger but still lacked cargo room.
In 2014 I tried a number of the newer vehicles coming out in the fall of 2013.
At that point Mercedes GL 63 AMG led the pack.
But it was NOT an exciting pack.

Then Mercedes offered a 2013 Black Friday deal of leasing a new 2014 for 2 years for $9,999.
That was the cost of some of the options on the GL.
so we jumped on it, to try Mercedes out.
Love the Mercedes, but it is too small for us.

When I started to hear about the 2015 Escalade redesign.
GM offered to reinstate my GM Family First Employee Discount.
(It was removed when I left GM Hughes and went to work as Chief Scientist for the government a few decades ago. I have been retired now for 15 years. During the Recession GM went Bankrupt and wiped out all of our GM stock I had accumulated over the years. If they offered it to me then I would have told them to forget it. But in the recovery it was worth reconsidering the ~10% discount.)
We wanted more excitement and fun from our car (than just being dependable and reliable) and took a chance on the 2015 Escalade.
We waited 8 months driving our new Mercedes.
Now in the last 2 months with our new Escalade we try and drive our Mercedes at least once a week to keep it charged and in working order.
Moving from one island to another to our new Oceanfront condo, the escalade is being used as the truck it is as it has been loaded down with stuff in one or more trips per day as we move from one island condo to another.

When the move is complete the The Cadillac Escalade PLATINUM will get a full inside and out detailing it deserves.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Enjoy your Escalade, these are gorgeous trucks that many people yearn for and feel that it is their dream truck.

The Sienna on the other hand may have been very reliable but I'm willing to bet that you never once saw someone's head turn when you drove by in your Sienna and said "wow, that Sienna is my dream car!" Yet I see people doing that all the time with my 2013 Platinum Escalade. People dream about owning a 7-8 year old Escalade but not a 7-8 year old Toyota!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
I posted that a while back Mr Z.

Buick came in 2nd this year which was a surprise, but great. :)

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only got that info for the 4th consecutive year.
I think that info was current, which I got that day.
maybe your other post was for the 3rd consecutive year?
unless you get the JD Power info months before the newpapers where I read it.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the recalls initiated by GM increase confidence.
The recalls initiated by the government decrease confidence.
When Mary Barra said she was recalling millions of cars to fix an ignition issue while a great cost to GM was a great sense of confidence for me.

GM in the past has mostly stalled and dragged out any issues in the courts and then slapped a gag order on the payout.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts