Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 CTS. The left and right brake lights stop working. The trunk mounted 3rd brake light works fine. Both left and right brake light quit at the same time. I have only had teh car since April so where do I start? Thanks

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >131k miles
734 Posts
If both sides quit at the same time it is likely a fuse. Check the owner's manual for the exact location of the fuse box (under the hood, right or left under rear seat).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If both sides quit at the same time it is likely a fuse. Check the owner's manual for the exact location of the fuse box (under the hood, right or left under rear seat).
I have looked at all the fuses and I can't tell which one it is. Nothing is called brake lights. The BAS relay is working but just the third brake light works

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are the side brake lamps working with the new bulbs?
The bulbs light up when I turn on the headlights but none of the brake lights work now. I just don't know if the brake section is getting power. I know the relay works and I checked the fuse. I replaced it with a different one and nothing changed. I have checked the ground and now don't know why the third brake light stopped. Thanks

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >131k miles
734 Posts
Hmm. 2008+ had body control module issues but I have not heard of this on the 1st gen. Did you install basic bulbs or LED? Some cars have issues with LED bulbs in systems designed for incandescents but I don't know if the CTS does.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm. 2008+ had body control module issues but I have not heard of this on the 1st gen. Did you install basic bulbs or LED? Some cars have issues with LED bulbs in systems designed for incandescents but I don't know if the CTS does.

No just stock bulbs Would the brake pedal sensor let the third brake work and no the other two?

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
439 Posts
Please tell all what the problem was and your solution. This helps others learn from your experience. Grats on solving the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please tell all what the problem was and your solution. This helps others learn from your experience. Grats on solving the problem.

Ok well it seems that the brake lights weren't working for a while. The third one was so I didn't get run into. I didn't drive it much so I never realized it until I took it to a car show and it was dark when I left. So that's why I jpoined the forum, I went through the fuses again and found the BAS fuse was missing. I guess in my advanced age I don't see as good as I used too. I did take it apart and managed to drop my 10mm socket down inside the rear fender. I took off something that was bolted to the side of the trunk and was able to reach in to get it. That's my Cadillac adventure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts