Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by my dealer today and got confirmation that my 08 CTS has been built (event code 3800 - Produced) and I have the VIN.

6DP69 - 3.6L V6 SIDI
PDQ: Premium Luxury Collection
P63: Wheels, 18 x 8 Alumn High-Polish Finish
MX0: Trans, 6-Spd, Auto, RWD
C3U: Sunroof, UltraView, Power, Express-Open
UAV: Nav w/Bose 5.1 Cabin Surround Sound
Y40: Luxury Level One Package
Y41: Luxury Level Two Package
Y44: Seat package
B19: Wood Trim Package
B20: Wood Trim Package
Y42: 18" All Season Tire Performance Pkg

And many other RPO codes that are included in the above packages

98U - White Diamond
394 - Cashmere/Cocoa

Right now, it is still sitting in Lansing, MI waiting to be shipped.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations and I would guess there will be pictures forthcoming?

How long until you think you'll have it?
cool, must be a fun time! when is the expected arrival time?
No estimated delivery date in the system yet. According to the dealer, they are shipped by rail (and he has tracked a lot of CTSs). To get here, they first go to a rail switch-yard around Kansas City. From there, they are routed to Arlington, TX (between Dallas and Fort Worth). In Arlington, they are put on a truck for delivery to the dealer.

Once it has been shipped (and therefore invoiced to the dealer), they can track the progress of the car.

Best guess at this time is 2 weeks putting it around the 23rd.

Pictures will be posted as soon as I get it.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
374 Posts
Zymurgy-

This is cool! Mine is in GA today and should get a 3800 code tomorrow. Since mine is only being shipped to Missouri, we may get ours at about the same time.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS
312 Posts
So have any of you guys inquired about an extended warranty on your new CTS? Just curious about what a 6yr/100mi bumper to bumper goes for.

Thanks.

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
Zymurgy,

Way to go!! Congratulations!!

Rab.

·
Registered
Cadillac
11 Posts
Congrats! Obviously you are a person of impeccable taste--I have the sames package ordered except for nonpremium paint. How long between order date and current progress? I ordered 7/30.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats! Obviously you are a person of impeccable taste--I have the sames package ordered except for nonpremium paint. How long between order date and current progress? I ordered 7/30.
My order was entered on the first day that orders were allowed (sometime around May 24). They did not even start producing 2008s until July 16.

·
Registered
2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
374 Posts
lakejames-

I ordered mine July 23 and they started building it August 6. "Your results may vary."

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so, you haven't even driven one yet...and you ordered one??? You must have more money than brains.....That is unless you can get your money back once it gets to you and you don't like it.
It's not like I have a huge sum of money put into this. A $500 check that the dealer is just sitting on. If I were to walk away from it they would probably even return my check. They have 2 others identical to it on order for the dealership. They don't think they will sit around very long. Besides, it is highly unlikely I will walk away from it. I expect it to be a significant improvement from the 04 CTS we own.

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts

That is not a photo of an '08, so what was the point of your posting it?
Attention: MJDART
Your posting of a huge photo of a non-'08 CTS in this thread was, well, "irrational" (Ok, I'm being kind). :thepan: And besides that.. this entire page of the thread has been messed up horizontally because of it (at least on my computer it is). MJDART, you are hereby banished to the Neutral Zone! (until you redeem yourself).

On more important matters... our good friend in Missouri (gm_eng) has advised that the issue with option B20 (wood trim for steering wheel & shift knob) will not be sorted out at the factory until late September / early October. On hearing this today, I immediately contacted my dealer and instructed them to cancel option B20 on my order.
With any luck my '08 CTS will be delivered by the time I get back from North Africa (on the 20th of September). Ahh, the joys of ordering a new car.
Enjoy the weekend all.
Rab.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
make sure you get it without any holes in your bumper;)
Ok, I'll bite rblimas...
what holes in the bumper should I (along with Zymurgy and gm_eng and everyone else) worry about?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts