Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how hard it would be to put a digital speedometer in my '90 deville. Could i just plug and play or is there more to it?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
No plug and play, sorry....... I have heard it COULD be done, but it isnt worth it...... I know people have tried to convert the northstar powered devilles from digital to analog, but the DIC system is completely different......

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Although, it could be possible on the earlier models......

·
Registered
3 Posts
DeVillish said:
I was wondering how hard it would be to put a digital speedometer in my '90 deville. Could i just plug and play or is there more to it?

I'm about to try myself to replace the analog speedo for a digital in my '90 deville. I was hoping someone has already done it and might have some tips. However I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,

I have almost successfully converted my 1978 cadillac coupe to a digital speedometer. Fortunatly Cadillac made a digital dash with the same mounting brackets from years 1990-93 on the Brougham edition and up to 1996 on the Fleetwood edition. My only problem is trying to bolt up the transmission gear, it has a different linkage. I am going to try to make a conversion gear for it, I'm pretty certain I'll have it up in a couple days. For a caddy conversion, you need the digital speedometer, the speed buffer/control module (is under the glovebox in most caddy's), and is usually (clear, green, red, or yellow). You will know you found it because the two wires going into it are yellow and purple. You will need both plugs so make sure you cut them both out. Next you will need the speed sensor on the transmission, this is probably the easiest to take off, its only one bolt. Plus you can't miss it its the only thing sticking out on the side of the tranny. Thats it! thats all you need, plus you will probably need a wiring diagram for the proper wiring. The only thing you'll have to worry about is setting up the gas gauge with your current gas resistant, if not you might need the sensor in the gas tank. I wish all you fellow conversionists Good Luck!

- Caddy_Conversion

Isac Chicago said:
I'm about to try myself to replace the analog speedo for a digital in my '90 deville. I was hoping someone has already done it and might have some tips. However I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Wow. Super old post and a pile of wrong information. Well except post #5 that has nothing to do with the original posters question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts