Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 sedan deville
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 caddy deville and i recently i'm starting to hear a periodical FAST squeaking sound coming from the right side of my car. Plus when i turn the car a little to the right the squeaking gets louder. But it only happens when i accelerate or stay at a steady speed.

So what could this be?? I hope not suspension :thepan:

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,990 Posts
Is it engine related? Can you duplicate it while standing still? Does it vary with engine speed? Is it suspension related? Do you hear it on a smooth road? Is it bearing related? Does it vary with car speed? Have you checked the brake wear indicators? They are designed to squeak when the brake pads get low.

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville 1990
266 Posts
More then likely its your brake pads have then checked or check them yourself. Get you the lifetime autozone or Oriely pads and never worry about buying them again.

·
Registered
97 Deville
93 Posts
I would have the brake pads checked or check them your self because before i sold my 89 deville my mom was driving it and she had the same problem and it was extremely bad when my mom would turn right so when i got a chance to visit my mom i had to replace both rotors, calipers, and the brake pads because she had eaten through the pads and it was down to the calipers which was what stopping the car and it was just plain metal on metal.

Well good luck i hope it hasn't gotten to bad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts